人人范文网 范文大全

英文演讲

发布时间:2020-03-03 22:51:46 来源:范文大全 收藏本文 下载本文 手机版

Jeff Bezos:We are What We Choose

As a kid, I spent my summers with my grandparents on their ranch in Texas.

在我还是一个孩子的时候,我的夏天总是在德州祖父母的农场中度过。

I helped fix windmills, vaccinate cattle, and do other chores.

我帮忙修理风车,为牛接种疫苗,也做其它家务。

We also watched soap operas every afternoon, especially \"Days of our Lives.\"

每天下午,我们都会看肥皂剧,尤其是《我们的岁月》。

My grandparents belonged to a Caravan Club, a group of Airstream trailer owners who travel together around the U.S.and Canada.

我的祖父母参加了一个房车俱乐部,那是一群驾驶Airstream拖挂型房车的人们,他们结伴遍游美国和加拿大。

And every few summers, we\'d join the caravan.

每隔几个夏天,我也会加入他们。

We\'d hitch up the Airstream trailer to my grandfather\'s car, and off we\'d go, in a line with 300 other Airstream adventurers.

我们把房车挂在祖父的小汽车后面,然后加入300余名Airstream探险者们组成的浩荡队伍。

I loved and worshipped my grandparents and I really looked forward to these trips.

我爱我的祖父母,我崇敬他们,也真心期盼这些旅程。

On one particular trip, I was about 10 years old.

那是一次我大概十岁时的旅行。

I was rolling around in the big bench seat in the back of the car.

我照例坐在后座的长椅上。

My grandfather was driving.

祖父开着车。

And my grandmother had the paenger seat.

祖母坐在他旁边。

She smoked throughout these trips, and I hated the smell.

她一直在吸着烟,我讨厌烟味。

......

At that age, I\'d take any excuse to make estimates and do minor arithmetic.

在那样的年纪,我会找任何借口做些估测或者小算术。

I\'d calculate our gas mileagethey\'re given after all. 天赋得来很容易—毕竟它们与生俱来。

Choices can be hard. 而选择则颇为不易。

You can seduce yourself with your gifts if you\'re not careful, and if you do, it\'ll probably be to the detriment of your choices. 如果一不小心,你可能被天赋所诱惑,这可能会损害到你做出的选择。

This is a group with many gifts. 在座各位都拥有许多天赋。

I\'m sure one of your gifts is the gift of a smart and capable brain. 我确信你们的天赋之一就是拥有精明能干的头脑。

I\'m confident that\'s the case because admiion is competitive and if there weren\'t some signs that you\'re clever, the dean of admiion wouldn\'t have let you in. 之所以如此确信,是因为入学竞争十分激烈,如果你们不能表现出聪明智慧,便没有资格进入这所学校。

Your smarts will come in handy because you will travel in a land of marvels. 你们的聪明才智必定会派上用场,因为你们将在一片充满奇迹的土地上行进。

We humanswill astonish ourselves. 我们人类,尽管跬步前行,却终将令自己大吃一惊。

We\'ll invent ways to generate clean energy and a lot of it. 我们能够想方设法制造很多清洁能源。

Atom by atom, we\'ll aemble tiny machines that will enter cell walls and make repairs.

也能够一个原子一个原子地组装微型机械,使之穿过细胞壁,然后修复细胞。

This month comes the extraordinary but also inevitable news that we\'ve synthesized life. 这个月,有一个异常而不可避免的事情发生了—人类终于合成了生命。

In the coming years, we\'ll not only synthesize it, but we\'ll engineer it to specifications. 在未来几年,我们不仅会合成生命,还会按说明书驱动它们。

I believe you\'ll even see us understand the human brain. 我相信你们甚至会看到我们理解人类的大脑。

Jules Verne, Mark Twain, Galileo, Newtonsomething that simply couldn\'t exist in the physical worldthe life you author from scratch on your own -begins. 明天,非常现实地说,你们从零塑造自己人生的时代即将开启。

How will you use your gifts?

你们会如何运用自己的天赋?

What choices will you make? 你们又会作出怎样的抉择?

Will inertia be your guide, or will you follow your paions? 你们是被惯性所引导,还是追随自己内心的热情?

Will you follow dogma, or will you be original? 你们会墨守陈规,还是勇于创新?

Will you choose a life of ease, or a life of service and adventure? 你们会选择安逸的生活,还是选择一个奉献与冒险的人生?

Will you wilt under criticism, or will you follow your convictions? 你们会屈从于批评,还是会坚守信念?

Will you bluff it out when you\'re wrong, or will you apologize? 你们会掩饰错误,还是会坦诚道歉?

Will you guard your heart against rejection, or will you act when you fall in love? 你们会因害怕拒绝而掩饰内心,还是会在面对爱情时勇往直前?

Will you play it safe, or will you be a little bit swashbuckling? 你们想要波澜不惊,还是想要搏击风浪?

When it\'s tough, will you give up, or will you be relentle? 你们会在严峻的现实之下选择放弃,还是会义无反顾地前行?

Will you be a cynic, or will you be a builder? 你们要做愤世嫉俗者,还是踏实的建设者?

Will you be clever at the expense of others, or will you be kind? 你们要不计一切代价地展示聪明,还是选择善良?

......

I will hazard a prediction. 我要做一个预测。

When you are 80 years old, and in a quiet moment of reflection narrating for only yourself the most personal version of your life story, the telling that will be most compact and meaningful will be the series of choices you have made. 在你们80岁时某个追忆往昔的时刻,只有你一个人静静对内心诉说着你的人生故事,其中最为充实、最有意义的那段讲述,会被你们作出的一系列决定所填满。

In the end, we are our choices. 最后,是选择塑造了我们的人生。

Build yourself a great story. 为你自己塑造一个伟大的人生故事。

Thank you and good luck! 谢谢聆听,好运!

英文演讲

英文演讲

英文演讲

英文演讲

英文演讲

英文演讲

英文演讲

英文演讲

英文演讲

英文演讲

英文演讲
《英文演讲.doc》
将本文的Word文档下载到电脑,方便编辑。
推荐度:
点击下载文档
相关专题 英文演讲展示 演讲
点击下载本文文档