BEC商务英语活学活用:办公设备
难度:适中 作者:沪江英语 来源:网络
沪江小编:BEC商务英语,商务英语考试中的No.1,含金量已经无需多言。但是,无论是还在犹豫是否要参加BEC考试的,还是已经通过BEC考试的,都在疑惑到底学了BEC有什么用呢?本节目通过核心学习、词汇、课文、对话等四方面内容让BEC活学活用起来。
Ⅰ.核心学习:办公设备常见问题
Billy: What\'s going down?
比利:怎么了?
Michael: I have a problem.
迈克尔:我碰到了一个问题。
Billy: What\'s that?
比利:什么问题?
Michael: I just bought a computer.
迈克尔:我刚买了一台电脑。
Billy: That\'s great.
比利:好事啊。
Michael: But it keeps crashing.
迈克尔:可它老死机。
Billy: Have you had it checked out?
比利:你找人检查过了吗?
Michael: Yes, I think it might have a bug in one of its programs.
迈克尔:找了,我想可能其中一个软件有问题。
Billy: You should call the company service number.
比利:你应该给那家电脑公司服务部打电话,让他们来看看。
Michael: That\'s what I will do.Maybe they can send some repairmen over to fix my machine.
迈克尔:我正打算这么做。也许他们会派维修人员来把我的机器修好。
Billy: But this cloud does have a silver lining, now you have more time to spend with me.
比利:这种情况也有好的一面,现在你可以有更多的时间来陪我了。
Michael: You\'re right.Let\'s go out for some coffee.
迈克尔:你说得对。我们去喝咖啡吧。
Ⅱ.单词简析
1) Bug : a problem in the program.
臭虫,电脑程序中的问题
ex:Windows software often has many bugs and is, therefore, annoying to use.Windows (微软视窗)软件总是有许多问题,所以用起来很头疼。
2) To let someone go : a polite way of saying, \"You\'re fired.\"
辞去某人的比较礼貌委婉的说法
ex:After Bob meed up the presentation, the company decided to let him go.鲍勃把报告作得一团糟后,公司决定让他辞职。
3) Every cloud has a silver lining : there is a good side in every situation
每种状况都有其好的一面
ex:Bob\'s cloud has a silver lining.After being fired, he has more time to spend with his kids.
鲍勃的情况也有好的一面。失业后他有了更多的时间与孩子们呆在一起。
4) Down : not working
不工作了,坏了
ex:The copy machine is down and I can\'t make any copies.
复印机坏了,我无法复印了。
5) Back on my feet : recover, get better
恢复
ex:Bob is already back on his feet, even though his wife had just left him just last month.
鲍勃已经恢复过来了,尽管妻子上个月刚刚离开了他。
6) Virus : a disease
病毒
ex:A computer virus attacked my hard drive.
电脑病毒袭击了我的硬盘。
Ⅲ.课文篇
Common Problems with Office Equipment
办公设备常见问题
Offices have two major pieces of equipment, computers and copy machines.Computers are probably the most useful; they can make work much easier.Without computers things would be much harder to do (and I wouldn\'t have a job.)
办公室设备常见问题办公室一般都有两种主要的设备:电脑和复印机。电脑可能是最有用的。它们可以使工作变得更简单。没有电脑,事情会变得很困难。(而我也会失业)
1) One of the biggest and most common problems with computers is when they crash.When this happens, you often lose whatever you are working on.This can be a big problem.(Also, if your computer crashes, that mean you can\'t read our newsletter
1) 对于电脑来说,最常见和最大的问题是电脑死机问题。电脑死机时,你经常会丢失正在做的文件。这可真是个大问题。(这也意味着如果你的电脑死机了,你就无法读到我们的英语杂志了。)
2) Another problem is when the program you are using has a bug.This is also a very common problem.Many programs have bugs in them; one example is Windows.When a program has a bug, it stops working for no reason at all.You also usually lose all of your work when this happens.
2) 电脑的另一个常见问题是你所使用的程序有问题,这也是一个常见问题。当程序有问题时,电脑会在没有任何原因的情况下突然停止工作。发生这种情况时,你通常也会丢掉正在处理的东西。.)
3) Copiers are much simpler machines.They usually don\'t have any problems besides running out of paper.But sometimes they go down and you have to call a repairman to fix them.
3) 复印机相对简单一些。除了缺纸外一般不会有什么别的问题。但有时复印机也会出问题。这时你就得请维修人员来修理。
Ⅳ.对话篇
Gordon: How is the job going?
戈登:工作进展如何?
Molly: It\'s not.
莫莉:不好。
Gordon: What do you mean? What happened?
戈登:什么意思?怎么啦?
Molly: Everything went wrong the other day.My computer had a bug and it crashed.I lost everything.
莫莉:那天所有的事都不顺。我的电脑程序里出现了问题,电脑死机了,我的东西全丢了。 Gordon: That\'s horrible.
戈登:太糟糕了。
Molly: But, that\'s not the end of it.I went to make some copies and the copy machine was down, too.So, I couldn\'t make my presentation.
莫莉:但是,麻烦事还没完呢,等我想去复印的时候,复印机也坏了。所以我没法做我的报告了。
Gordon: Wow, it looks like your cloud doesn\'t have a silver lining.
戈登:哇,看来,你可没有塞翁的好运气。
Molly: It got even worse.The bo said he had to let me go since I did such a bad job.
莫莉:更糟糕的事情还在后面呢,老板说要解雇我,就因为我工作表现这么糟。 Gordon: I feel bad for you.
戈登:我真为你感到难过。
Molly: That\'s ok.I will be back on my feet in a few days and have an even better
job.
莫莉:没事,过两天我会好起来的,我会找到一份比现在还好的工作。 Gordon: That\'s the way to keep yourself going.
戈登:这正是你做事的方式。
Molly: You know me.I\'m an eternal optimist.
莫莉:你了解我,我是一个永远乐观的人。