人人范文网 范文大全

《北京奥运会志愿者培训教材》——英语

发布时间:2020-03-02 07:28:43 来源:范文大全 收藏本文 下载本文 手机版

《北京奥运会志愿者培训教材》——英语

一、公共英语部分

第一节 问候和欢迎 Greetings and Welcoming Conversations

1.A: Welcome to Beijing!

欢迎到北京来!

B: Thank you.

谢谢你。

2.A: Nice to meet you.

很高兴见到你。

B: Nice to meet you, too.

很高兴见到你。

3.A: Where are you from?

你从哪里来?

B: I\'m from America.

我来自美国。

4.A: I\'ve heard so much about you.

久仰大名。

B: Thanks.I\'m flattered.

谢谢,您过奖了。

5.A: How was your trip?

这次旅行怎么样?

B: It was wonderful.

非常棒。

6.A: I hope you will enjoy your stay here.

希望你在这儿过得愉快。

B: Thank you, I\'m sure I will.

谢谢你,我相信我会的。

7.A: Please have a seat.

请坐。

B: OK, thank you.

好的,谢谢。

8.A: Is this your first trip to Beijing?

这是你第一次来北京吗?

B: No, I\'ve been here twice.

不,我已经来过两次了。

9.A: Have you been to other parts of China?

你去过中国的其它地方吗?

B: I have been to Xi\'an and Shanghai.

我去过西安和上海。

10.A: What\'s your impreion of Beijing so far?

目前你对北京的印象如何?

B: Beijing is a very beautiful city!

北京是一个非常美丽的城市!

11.A: How long do you plan to stay?

你计划待多久?

B: I\'m not sure yet.

我还不知道。/还没定。

12.A: Please make yourself at home.

别客气。/请随便。

B: Thank you!

谢谢你!

第二节 再见和告别 Goodbye and Taking Leave

1.A: I really should be going.

我真的要走了。

B: OK, have a safe trip.

好,祝你一路平安。

2.A: Take care! See you later.

保重!再见。

B: Have a nice day!

祝你今天过得愉快!

3.A:Please look me up whenever you\'re in Beijing.

到了北京就来找我。

B: Thank you, I sure will.

谢谢,我一定会的。

4.A: Nice talking to you!

很高兴和你谈话!

B: Same here!

我也一样!

5.A: Please say hello to your family.

请代我向你家人问好。

B: Send my best wishes to your wife.

替我为你妻子送去最好的祝愿。

6.A: Goodbye and good luck!

再见,祝你好运!

B: Keep in touch!

保持联系!

7.A: This is a small gift.I hope you like it.

这是我的一点小心意,希望你喜欢。

B: I love it!

我很喜欢!

8.A: Let\'s take a picture together.

一起合张影吧。

B: That\'s a good idea!

好主意!

9.A: Let\'s get together again soon.

有空再来聚一聚

B: I\'m looking forward to that.

我在盼望着那一天。

10.A: I hope to see you again.

我希望再次见到你。

B: Me too.

我也是。

第三节 介绍/谈论自己 Introductions/Talking about Yourself

1.A: Hello! What\'s your name?

你好!你叫什么名字?

B: My name is Stone Lee.

我叫李斯通。

2.A: Here is my busine card.

这是我的名片

B: Thank you.Here is mine.

谢谢,这是我的。

3.A: What should I call you?

怎么称呼你?

B: Please just call me Stone.

叫我斯通好了。

4.A: I\'d like you to meet my colleague.

我想让你认识一下我的同事。

B: I\'d love to.

我很乐意。

5.A: Here\'s a picture of my family.

这是一张我们家的全家福。

B: They are lovely!

他们真可爱!

6.A: I work in the travel and tourism busine.

我从事旅游业。

B: How interesting!

真有趣!

7.A: I was born and raised in Beijing.

我生在北京,长在北京。

B: Really?

真的吗?

8.A: This is my hometown.

这是我的故乡。

B: Oh, it\'s beautiful!

啊,真美!

9.A: I have been living in Beijing for 20 years.

我已经在北京生活了二十年了。

B: You\'re really lucky!

你真幸运! 第四节 谈论工作 Talking about Work

1.A: What do you do for a living? 你是干哪一行的?

B: I\'m a teacher.我是一名老师。

2.A: Do you enjoy your work? 你喜欢你的工作吗?

B: Yes, it\'s interesting and challenging.I meet a lot of different people.是的,很有趣,也很有挑战性。我经常跟不同的人打交道。

第五节 谈论语言 Talking about Language

1.A: I wish I could speak English better.

我希望我的英语能说得更好。

B: I think you speak very well.

我觉得你说得很好。

2.A: I\'m working on my English.

我正在努力学英语。

B: Good for you!

这很好!

3.A: Please excuse my English.

请原谅,我英语说得不好。

B: Don\'t worry about it.

别担心。

4.A: I\'m sorry.Could you speak slowly?

对不起,你能说慢点儿吗?

B: Sure, no problem.

当然了,没问题。

5.A: Do you speak any Chinese?

你说中文吗?

B: Sorry, just a little.

抱歉,只能说一点。

6.A: English is so important in China now.

今天英语在中国十分重要。

B: I think so too.

我也这样认为。

7.A: Practice makes perfect.

熟能生巧。

B: You\'re exactly right.

你说得对极了。

第六节 提供和请求帮助 Offering/Asking for Help

1.A: Do you need any help?

需要帮助吗?

B: No, thank you.I\'m fine.

不,谢谢了。我还行。

2.A: Here, let me help you!

让我帮你吧!

B: Oh, thanks a lot!

啊,十分感谢!

3.A: Is there anything I can do for you?

有什么需要帮忙吗?

B: Yes, could you help me get a train ticket?

有,你能帮我买一张火车票吗?

4.A: Do you have any questions about Beijing?

你对北京有什么要问的吗?

B: Yes, a lot.

有许多。

5.A: Could you do me a favor?

能帮我一个忙吗?

B: Sure, I\'d be glad to.

当然,我很乐意。

第七节 同意和不同意 Agreement and Disagreement

1.A: Do you agree with me?

你同意我的意见吗?

B: Absolutely, I agree with you.

当然,我同意你。

2.A: China is developing so quickly.

中国现在发展非常迅速。

B: Exactly.

千真万确。

3.A: Chinese food is so good.

中国菜真不错。

B: I feel the same way.

我有同感。

4.A:Chinese culture is very different from western culture.

中西方文化有很大的差异。

B: You\'re so right.

你说得太对了。

5.A: Chinese is so difficult.

中文很难。

B: You can say that again.

的确是这样。

6.A: I feel like taking a break.

我想休息一下。

B: That\'s a good idea.

那是个好主意。

7.A: China has a lot of problems.

中国存在很多问题。

B: I don\'t think so.

我不这样认为。

8.A: Japan is our biggest competition.

日本是我们最强的竞争对手。

B: I\'m afraid I disagree.

我恐怕不赞同。

第八节 谈论食物 Talking about Food

1.A: I\'d like to invite you to dinner.

我想邀您一起共进晚餐。

B: Thank you, I\'d love to come.

谢谢,我很乐意。

2.A: Do you like Chinese food?

你喜欢中国菜吗?

B: Sure, I\'m crazy about it!

当然,我非常喜欢!

3.A: Would you mind if I order?

我来点菜你介意吗?

B: No, go ahead.I trust you!

不介意,点吧。我相信你!

4.A: What would you like to drink?

你想喝点什么?

B: Tea is fine.

喝茶好了。

5.A: What would you like to eat? Have you tried any special foods in Beijing?

想吃点什么?你尝过北京的特色小吃吗?

B: No, I haven\'t.What do you suggest?

没有。你有什么可以推荐的?

6.A: What\'s Beijing famous for?

北京什么最有名?

B: Beijing is known for its Roast Duck!

数北京烤鸭最出名。

7.A: Do you like it?

你爱吃吗?

B: Yes! It tastes great!

爱吃!味道好极了!

8.A: I hope you like the food.

希望你喜欢这些食物。

B: It is delicious!

非常好吃!

9.A: Please try this.

请尝尝这道菜。

B: Thank you.Just a little, please.

谢谢,一点儿就行。

10.A: Help yourself.

别客气。

B: OK, thanks.

好的,谢谢。

11.A: Let\'s have a toast to our guests.Cheers!

来!为我们的贵客干杯!

B: Cheers!

干!

第九节 赞美 Compliments

1.A: You look great!

你看上去棒极了!

B: Thank you.I\'m flattered.

谢谢你,过奖了。

2.A: What a beautiful place!

这地方真美!

B: It sure is.

确实如此。

3.A: Your Chinese is really surprising.

你的中文令人惊讶。

B: Really? Do you think so?

真的吗?你真的这样认为吗?

4.A: You have a good sense of humor.

你真幽默。

B: Thank you.

谢谢。

5.A: You\'re doing a good job.

干得好。

B: Thanks! I\'m trying my best.

谢谢!我会尽力的。

6.A:You use chopsticks so well.Where did

you learn?

你用筷子用得真好,在哪儿学的?

B: My wife is Chinese.

我妻子是中国人。

第十节 感谢 Gratitude

1.A: Thank you very much!

非常感谢!

B: You\'re welcome.It\'s my pleasure.

不用客气,我感到非常荣幸。

2.A: Thank you for coming.

感谢光临。

B: Thank you for inviting me.

谢谢你的邀请。

3.A: Thank you for your time.

谢谢你抽出时间来。

B: Anytime!

随时奉陪!

4.A: Thank you for a great evening.

感谢今晚的盛情款待。

B: It was my pleasure.

这是我的荣幸。

5.A: I\'m sorry.

对不起。

B: It doesn\'t matter./ That\'s OK./ That\'s all right.

没关系。

6.A: Sorry to keep you waiting.

很抱歉让你久等。

B: No problem.

没关系。

7.A: Sorry, I didn\'t hear what you said.

对不起,我没听见你说什么。

B: I said, \"Do you want me to help you?\"

我说:“你需要我帮你吗?”

第十一节 爱好和休闲 Hobbies and Leisure

1.A: What do you do to relax?

你平时做什么消遣?

B: I love traveling.

我喜欢旅游。

2.A: Do you like sports?

你喜欢体育吗?

B: Yes, very much.

是的,非常喜欢。

3.A: What are your hobbies?

你有什么爱好?

B: I play golf.

打高尔夫球。

4.A: What are you interested in?

你对什么感兴趣?

B: I\'m very interested in speaking English.

我对说英语特别感兴趣。

5.A: Would you like to buy anything to take

home with you?

你想买一些东西带回家吗?

B: Sure.What do you recommend?

当然,有什么可推荐的吗? 第十二节 天气 Weather

1.A: Beautiful day, isn\'t it?

今天天气不错。

B: Absolutely.

确实如此。

2.A: What do you think of the weather here?

你认为这儿的天气怎样?

B: It\'s wonderful, but a little too hot for me.

非常好,就是有点太热了。

3.A: Beijing is a great place to visit in fall!

秋天的北京是旅游的好地方。

B: It sure is.

的确如此。

第十三节 北京专用句 Beijing Special Sentences

1.A: How do you like Beijing?

你认为北京怎么样?

B:I think Beijing is very beautiful and the people are friendly.

我认为北京非常美丽,北京人很友善。

2.A: There are changes in Beijing everyday.

北京每天都在变化。

B: It\'s amazing!

真是太好了!

3.A: I hope you\'ll come to Beijing often.

我希望你能经常来北京。

B: I plan to.

我是这样打算的。

4.A: There are many investment opportunities in Beijing now.

现在北京有很多投资机会。

B: Please tell me more about them.

请给我细讲一下。

5.A: Where would you like to visit most?

你最希望参观什么地方?

B: I want to see The Palace Museum.

我想去看看故宫博物馆。

6.A: There are many interesting things to see in Beijing.

北京有很多有意思的地方可看。

B: I hope I have time to see them all.

但愿我有时间一饱眼福。

7.A: Beijing is one of the most important cities in Asia.

北京是亚洲最重要的城市之一。

B: You can say that again!

你说的没错。 第十四节 祝贺 Congratulations

1.A: We signed the contract.我们已经签了合同。

B: Congratulations! 祝贺你们!

2.A: We got the job done! 我们已经完成任务了!

B: Let\'s celebrate! 让我们庆祝一下!

第十五节 紧急事件 Emergency

1.When You Lost Your Paport

丢失护照

2.I lost my paport.

我的护照丢了。

3.I\'d like to have it reiued.

我想重新申请一个。

4.Please fill out this form.

请填写这张表格。

5.When will it be ready?

什么时候可以办好?

6.You can pick it up next month.

你可以下个月来取。

第十六节 交通事故 Car accident

1.I\'d like to report a car accident.

我要报告一起交通事故。

2.We\'ve had a car accident.

我们遇到一起车祸。

3.I\'ve been involved in a head-on collision.

我的车迎面撞上了。

4.My friend fell unconscious.

我的朋友昏过去了。

5.There\'s an injured person here.

有人受伤了。

6.My friend was hit by a car.He\'s bleeding from the head.

我的朋友被车撞了,他的头在流血。

7.We were victims of a hit and run driver.

我们被车撞了,肇事司机逃逸。

8.Tell me the situation, please.

请告诉我当时的情况。

9.Around what time did it happen?

大概几点钟发生的。

10.Do you remember the plate number of the

hit and run car?

你还记得肇事逃逸汽车的车牌吗?

11.It wasn\'t my fault.

那不是我的错。

12.Could you call an ambulance for me?

请帮忙叫辆救护车好吗?

13.Would you please call a doctor for me?

请帮忙叫医生好吗?

14.The doctor will examine you in a minute.

医生马上给你检查。

15.Please take me to the hospital.

请送我到医院。

第十七节 看病 Seeing a Doctor

1.What\'s bothering you?

你有什么不舒服的?

2.What\'s the trouble?

有什么不舒服的?

3.What hurts you?

你有什么不舒服的?

4.How long have you been feeling like this?

你有这种感觉多久了?

5.About a week now.

到现在大约一星期了。

6.When did the pain start?

什么时候开始疼的?

7.I don\'t feel like eating anything.

我什么都不想吃。

8.I feel like I\'m burning up.

我感觉很烫很热。

9.I have a headache.

我头疼。

10.I seem to have pain all over.

我感觉全身都疼。

11.My whole body feels weak.

我全身都觉得很虚弱。

12.You\'ll be all right soon.

你不久就会康复的。

13.It\'s nothing serious.

不严重。

14.There\'s nothing to be alarmed about.

没必要惊慌。

15.Don\'t over do things.

不要过度疲劳。

16.Go home and rest for at least three or four days.

回家休息至少三四天。

二、文化交流与礼仪部分 第一节 关于他们国家的人民 about the People in Other Country

【C=Chinese, W=Westerner】

1.C: Do most people in your country value their family or career more?

你们国家大多数的人是以家庭为重还是以事业为重?

W1: Personally, I value my career more.But I think most people give family and career equal value.

就我个人来说,我更重视事业。但是我觉得大部分人都是事业与家庭并重。

W2: It\'s hard to say.Everyone is different.

很难说。每个人都不一样。

2.C: What do the people my age love to do the most in your country?

你们国家像我这样年纪的人最喜欢做什么?

W1: They love to have fun.They love to have parties and spend time with their friends.

他们爱玩,喜欢各种聚会,跟朋友们在一起。

W2: They are crazy about sports.They love to practice them and they love to watch them.

他们热爱体育运动,喜欢观看也喜欢参与其中。

3.C:How are the people in your country different from the people in China?

你们国家的人和中国人有什么不同?

W:The people here care about their families more than people in my country do.

中国人比我们国家的人更顾家。

4.C: What\'s the population of your city?

你所在城市的人口是多少?

W1: I really don\'t know.

我真的不知道。

W2:About four million.It seems small compared to Beijing.

大约有四百万吧。跟北京的人口比起来恐怕要少。

第二节 关于不同的国家 About Different Countries

1.C: Who is the most important person in your country now?

目前谁是你们国家的风云人物?

W1:I have to say George Bush is the most important person right now.

当前的风云人物非乔治•布什莫属。

W2: The most important people in my country are definitely profeional athletes.

我们国家的风云人物当然是职业运动员了。

2.C: Who are the most popular actor and actre in your country?

谁是你们国家最当红的男女演员?

W: I think Brad Pitt is the most popular actor and Angelina Jolie is the most popular actre.

我觉得布拉德•皮特和安吉莉娜•茱莉分别是当红的男女影星。

3.C: Who is the best singer?

谁是最好的歌手?

W1:That depends on what kind of music you like.

这要看你喜欢什么样的音乐了。

W2:I love Ricky Martin.I think he\'s the best singer.

我喜欢瑞奇•马丁,我觉得他是最好的歌手。

4.C: What is your country famous for?

你们国家什么最出名?

W1: My country is famous for its champagne.You can enjoy first-cla champagne in France.

我们国家以香槟著称,在法国你可以品尝到一流的香槟。

W2: The U.S.A.is famous for its big companies.

They are known all over the world.

美国以林立的大公司而闻名于世。

W3: My country is famous for its natural beauty.

There aren\'t many people in my country but there is a lot of beautiful scenery.

我的国家以美丽的自然景观而出名,人口不多,但是风光旖旎。

5.C: What is the best/worst city in your country? Why?

你们国家哪个城市最好/最差?为什么?

W1: Miami is the best city.It has beautiful beaches and warm weather all year round.Los Angeles is the worst city.There are too many cars and the air is terrible.

迈阿密是最好的城市,那里有美丽的海滩和终年宜人的气候。洛杉矶是最差的城市,那里的车太多,空气质量很糟。

W2:New York is the best city.It\'s the most international city in the world.But some people think it is also the worst city because it is crowded and dangerous.

纽约最好,它是世界上最国际化的都市。但是有些人认为它是最差的城市,因为那里人多又不安全。

6.C: What are the most interesting tourist sights for visitors to your country?

你们国家最吸引人的名胜是什么?

W: Most people like to visit Disney World.Las Vegas, New York and San Francisco are also very exciting and popular.

大多数人喜欢去迪斯尼乐园,拉斯维加斯、纽约和旧金山也是备受青睐的地方。

7.C: What are the most popular vacation places for people in your country?

你们国家的人最爱去哪里度假?

W:People in my country like to travel everywhere.They love seeing new places.

我们国家的人喜欢到各处旅游。他们喜欢游览新的地方。

8.C: What is the most popular sport in your country?

你们国家最盛行的体育运动是什么?

W: Americans are crazy about football.But, it\'s very different from soccer.

美国人痴迷于橄榄球,但是它跟足球有很大 区别。

9.C: What is the most famous newspaper in your country?

你们国家哪种报纸最出名?

W1: There are many famous newspapers.A lot of people like the USA Today and the Wall Street Journal.

有很多有名的报纸。很多人喜欢看《今日美国》和这《华尔街日报》。

W2: The New York Times is definitely the most famous newspaper.

最出名的报纸当属《纽约时报》。

10.C: What is the most popular food in your country?

你们国家的什么食品最受欢迎?

W1: There are lots of popular foods, but almost everyone loves pizza and fried chicken.

有很多受欢迎的食品,但是几乎每个人都爱吃比萨饼和炸鸡。

W2: A lot of people are crazy about Chinese food.

很多人喜欢吃中国菜。

11.C: Tell me something about your country.

给我讲讲你的国家。

W1: The U.S.A.is a big and exciting country.You should come and see it for yourself someday.

美国是一个让人兴奋的大国。有时间你应该来亲自来看一看。

W2: France is famous for its fashion, art and wine.Paris is extremely romantic.

法国以她的时尚、艺术和美酒著称。巴黎是个充满了浪漫情调的城市。

W3: England has a long and interesting history.London is one of the most exciting cities in the world.

英国有着悠久灿烂的历史。伦敦是世界上最令人兴奋的城市之一。

12.C: What is your hometown known/famous for?

你的家乡什么最有名?

W1: My hometown is well-known for oranges.

我的家乡盛产橙子。

W2: My hometown hosted the Olympics last year.

我的家乡去年主办了奥运会。

W3: My hometown is the center of car manufacturing.

我的家乡是汽车制造业的中心。

13.C: What do people think of China in your country?

你们国家的人怎么看中国?

W1: George Bush thinks that China is our competitor; Bill Clinton thinks that China is our strategic partner.Most Americans agree with Mr.Clinton.

乔治•布什认为中国是美国的竞争对手,比尔•克林顿把中国当作战略伙伴。大多数美国人赞成克林顿的观点。

W2: People think China is a mysterious place.

很多人认为中国是个神秘的国度。

W3: Lots of people are interested in China, but they don\'t know much about it.

很多人对中国很感兴趣,但他们对中国却知之甚少。

14.W: What do you think of the U.S.A.?

你对美国有什么看法?

C1: The U.S.A.is leading the world in almost every field.It attracts talents from all over the world.Actually, I\'m planning to go there soon.

美国几乎在每一个领域都处于世界领先地位,它吸引了来自世界各地的精英。事实上,我正打算不久之后去美国呢。

C2: Americans have too much freedom.Sometimes it makes the country hard to manage.

美国人拥有太多的自由,有时这给管理国家造成了不便。

C3: The U.S.A.has so much to be discovered and so much to be learned.

美国有太多的东西需要发掘和学习。

15.C: How do you like your hometown?

你的家乡怎么样?

W1: I live in Los Angeles, California.We have sunshine all year round.I love it.

我住在加利福尼亚的洛杉矶。我们那儿全年阳光明媚。我热爱我的家乡。

W2: My hometown is too small.It has no future.

I want to get out.

我的家乡太小了,没什么发展前途。我想走出家乡。

16.C: How do you like your hometown?

你的家乡怎么样呢?

C1: My hometown is very famous.Many important Chinese leaders are from my hometown.

我的家乡闻名遐迩,很多中国著名的领袖都出自我的家乡。

C2: Although my hometown is very poor, I love

it.I mi it very much.I\'m the only student who has ever gone to college.

尽管我的家乡很穷,但我热爱它。我十分想念它。我是家乡惟一的一个大学生。

第三节 关于中国,中国文化和中国人 About China, Chinese Culture, and the Chinese

1.C: What do you think of China?

你怎么看中国?

W1: China is a fascinating country.It has a lot to offer the world.

中国是个迷人的国家,她对世界的贡献是巨大的。

W2: I don\'t know a lot about China yet, but I\'m eager to learn.

我对中国还不太了解,但我很想知道。

2.C: What do you think of the Chinese?

你怎么看中国人?

W1:Chinese are very hospitable and kind-hearted.

中国人民热情好客,亲切友好。

W2: Chinese value family and education more than Americans.

中国人比美国人更看重家庭和教育。

3.C: What are your feelings about life in China?

你觉得在中国的生活怎么样?

W1: Life in China is so different from life in my country.

中国的生活跟我们国家的截然不同。

W2: Life here seems more stable than life in my country.

这里的生活似乎比我们国家的更稳定些。

C: How do you like the Great Wall?

你觉得长城怎么样?

W1: It\'s the most amazing thing I\'ve ever seen!

那是我见过的最令人震撼的景观!

W2: It\'s really awesome! Words can\'t describe it!

真令人敬佩!无法用言语来形容。

【额外奉献】

Words can\'t describe...无法用言语表达

1) Words can\'t describe how thankful I am.

我对你的感激之情溢于言表。

2) Words can\'t describe how lucky you are.

你的运气真是无法用言语来表达。

3) Words can\'t describe the way I feel.

我的感觉难以言表。

4.C: What do you think of the Forbidden City?

你认为故宫怎么样?

W1: I feel like I am walking through history.

走进故宫,就像徜徉在历史的长河中。

W2: It\'s really proof of the China\'s greatne and wisdom.

那可真是中国人民伟大和智慧的见证。

5.C: What do you want to know about China?

你想对中国了解些什么?

W1: I want to know more about traditional Chinese medicine.

我想知道更多有关传统中医的事。

W2: I want to know about opportunities for my busine.

我想了解一些商机。

W3: I really want to know more about the English education in China.

我非常想对中国的英语教育状况多一些了解。

6.C: What attracts you the most about China?

中国的什么最吸引你?

W1: The ancient culture, the friendly people and the terrific food.

中国的古代文化,友好的人民和美味的食品。

W2: The exciting atmosphere of change and development.

那令人振奋的巨变和发展氛围。

7.C: What was your first impreion of China?

你对中国的第一印象是什么?

W1: I was so amazed by the large population.There are so many people everywhere.

中国庞大的人口让我吃惊。到处都是人。

W2: China was much more modern than I expected.The cities are filled with skyscrapers.

中国比我想象中的要更现代化。城市里到处是摩天大楼。

W3: It\'s very different from what I expected.It\'s not at all like what I thought.

跟我想象中的大不一样,根本不像我想的那样。

8.C: What do you like best about China?

对于中国,你最喜欢的是什么?

W1: The hospitality of the Chinese.

中国人的热情好客。

W2: The history and unique features of its

different cities.

不同城市的历史和特色。

W3: I never have to pay for anything.Everywhere I go, I can stay and eat for free.You know why, because they want to learn English!

我走到哪儿都不用花钱,白吃白住。你知道为什么吗,他们都想跟我学英语!

9.C: What do you dislike most about China?

对于中国,你最不喜欢的是什么?

W1: The pollution.

污染。

W2: I hate the way people spit and litter.It really turns me off.

我讨厌人们随地吐痰、乱丢垃圾,这令我很反感。

10.C: What do you find interesting about life in China?

你发现在中国生活有什么有趣之处?

W1: There are so many people and so many differences from western culture.

人很多,而且中西文化有很大差异。

W2: Ancient culture and modern development exist side by side.

传统文化和现代化发展共存。

W3: There are so many different cities and so many different customs.Every city has a unique personality.

众多不同的城市,众多不同的风俗。每个城市都有它独特的一面。

11.C: What cities have you been to?/ Where have you been?

你去过哪些城市?/你都去过哪里?

W1: I\'ve been to Beijing and Shanghai.They are very impreive.

我去过北京和上海,我对这两个城市印象很深。

W2: I\'ve been to a lot of cities in China.I love them all.

我过去中国的很多城市,这些城市我都喜欢。

12.C: Where would you like to go?

你想去哪里?

W: I\'d like to go to Xi\'an and Guilin.I want to see the Terra Cotta Warriors and the mountains of Yangshuo.

我想去西安和桂林。我想去看看兵马俑和阳朔的山。

13.C: What is your favorite place in China?

你最喜欢中国的哪个地方?

W1: Absolutely Beijing! There is no city like the Capital.You can never get tired of Beijing.There is so much history and culture.

当然是北京了!没有一个城市比得上首都。你对北京永远也不会厌倦,她拥有悠久的历史和灿烂的文化。

W2: I have two favorite places in China, Sanya and Shanghai.Sanya in Hainan has the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen.Shanghai is a very energetic and exciting city.

中国有两个地方是我最喜欢的,三亚和上海。海南的三亚有我见过的最美丽的海滩。上海是一个充满活力和激情的城市。

14.C: What would you like to buy and take back from China?

你想在中国买点什么带回去?

W1: China is so famous for its silk.I\'d like to buy some for my mother.

中国的丝绸闻名遐迩。我要买一些给我母亲。

15.C: Do you think the Chinese are le sensitive than the people in your country?

你认为中国人比你们国家的人更随和吗?

W1: Yes, the Chinese are very tolerant.

是的。中国人很懂得容忍。

W2: No, Chinese worry about losing face a lot more than people in my country.

不,中国人比我们国家的人更爱面子。

16.C: What makes you feel embarraed in China?

在中国,什么让你感到尴尬?

W1: I don\'t like being stared at.It makes me uncomfortable.

我不喜欢人们盯着我看,这让我觉得很不自在。

W2: I don\'t like being asked personal questions, especially about how much things cost.

我不喜欢被问到私人问题,尤其是我买什么东西花了多少钱。

17.C: What are your suggestions regarding the development of China?

关于中国的发展,你有何建议?

W1: Learn some ideas from western countries and protect the environment.

学习西方国家的做法,保护环境。

W2: Don\'t destroy historical sites just to put up more modern buildings.

不要为了建更多的现代建筑而毁坏历史古迹。

第四节 关于语言 About Language

1.C: Are you interested in learning Chinese?

你对学习中文感兴趣吗?

W1: Sure, but it\'s too difficult.

当然了,但是太难了。

W2: No, not really.I\'m only here for a short time.

不太感兴趣。我在这里不会待多久。

W3: I\'m too busy with my work.Maybe my son is interested.

我工作太忙了。也许我儿子对中文感兴趣。

2.C: Why do you want to learn Chinese?

你为什么要学习中文?

W1: Just for fun.

学着玩。

W2: I want to have a career in Asia.

我想在亚洲开拓我的事业。

W3: I want to date Chinese girls.

我想找中国女朋友。

3.C: Can you speak any other languages?

你还会说别的语言吗?

W1: I speak French and German.

我会说法语和德语。

W2: No, I only speak English.

不会,我只讲英语。

4.C: Do you want to know how to say \"I love you\" in Chinese?

你想知道用汉语怎么说“I love you”吗?

W: Yes.Can you teach me?

想。你能教我吗?

5.C: Do you think it is difficult to learn a foreign language?

你觉得学一门外语难吗?

W1: Yes, I think it takes a lot of hard work.

难,我觉得学外语要花很多工夫。

W2: No, I think learning a foreign language is a piece of cake.I\'ve learned a lot of Chinese in a very short time.

不难,我觉得学一门外语是小菜一碟。我在短期内已经学了不少中文。

第五节 关于学习外语的经验 About Foreign Language Learning Experience

1.C: What do you think are the most important elements in learning to speak a foreign language?

你认为学说外语最重要的因素是什么?

W: Practice, patience and perseverance.And you have to enjoy losing face.

练习、耐心和恒心。而且你要热爱丢脸。

2.C: “Learn one more language, live one more life.”Don\'t you agree?

“多学一门语言,多过一种生活。”你同意吗?

W: Absolutely! I couldn\'t agree more.

我完全赞同!

3.C: The only way to really know another culture is to learn the language, because language is the carrier of culture.What\'s your opinion?

真正了解一种文化的最好办法是学习它的语言,因为语言是文化的载体。你觉得呢?

W1: I agree with you completely.

我完全赞成你。

W2: Language really does teach you a lot about other cultures.Especially the Chinese language,because each character has a long history.

语言的确教你很多关于其他文化的东西,尤其是中文,因为每一个汉字都有悠久的历史。

第六节 关于2008年奥运会 About the 2008 Olympics

1.C: What do you think about Beijing hosting the Olympic Games?

你对北京主办奥运会持什么观点?

W: I think it\'s a great chance for the world to know more about China.

我觉得这是一个让世界更加了解中国的大好机会。

2.C: Do you think the Olympics will be succeful in Beijing?

你认为北京奥运会会成功吗?

W: I\'m sure the games will be a great succe.

我坚信这次盛会将会非常圆满。

3.C: What do people in your country think about the Olympic Games being held in China?

你们国家的人怎么看待在中国举办奥运会?

W: They think it was a good decision by the International Olympic Committee.They are very curious about China.

他们认为这是国际奥委会的英明决定。他们对中国感到很好奇。

4.C: What do you think Beijing needs to do to prepare for the Olympics?

你认为北京应为奥运会准备些什么?

W: I think the people of Beijing must study English well.I also think Beijing needs to continue improving the environment as well.

我认为北京人必须学好英语,北京的环境也需要进一步改善。

5.C: What do you think of the slogan \"New Beijing,Great Olympics\"?

你觉得“新北京,新奥运”这个口号怎么样?

W: I think that Beijing really is a new city.It combines modern technology with ancient history.It\'s a world-cla city for sure.

在我看来北京的确是一个崭新的城市。她将现代科技与历史文明完美结合。她绝对是一个世界级的都市。

【超级奉献】

江泽民主席致信国际奥委会主席萨马兰奇节选

I firmly believe that with the support of the Chinese Government and the entire Chinese people, Beijing will exert an extraordinary effort to make the Games an excellent sporting event.

We welcome you to visit China at a convenient time.

我深信北京市在中国政府和全国人民的支持下,将作出非凡的努力,一定能办成一届高水平的奥运会。

欢迎您在方便的时候访问中国。

第七节 筷子的故事 The Story of Chopsticks

[1] Chopsticks are used every day in China.

[2] Now I\'d like to take this opportunity to share their interesting history with you.

[3] I think you\'ll agree that even an ordinary item used in daily life can have a fascinating story.

[4] Although chopsticks originated in China, they are widely used in many Asian countries.

[5] The first chopsticks were made from bone and jade.

[6] In the Spring and Autumn period, copper and iron chopsticks came into being.

[7] In ancient times, the rich used jade or gold chopsticks to display their wealth.

[8] Many kings and emperors used silver chopsticks to see if their food had been poisoned.

[9] Chopsticks are traditionally placed in brides\' dowries,because \"chopsticks\" in Chinese is pronounced \"kuaizi\", which sounds like \"get a son soon.\"

[10] Many foreign friends try to use chopsticks when they visit China.

[11] Even the former president of the United States Richard Nixon, used chopsticks at the welcoming banquet held in his honor.

[12] As soon as he left his table, a foreign diplomat grabbed his chopsticks as a historical souvenir.

[13] Remember to tell this interesting story the next time you eat with foreign friends and show off your knowledge.

[1] 中国人每天都在使用筷子。

[2] 现在我想借这个机会和大家一起聊一些有关于筷子历史的有趣故事。

[3] 我想你会赞同即使是日常生活中一件小物品也会有其引人入胜的故事。

[4] 虽然筷子起源于中国,但现在很多的亚洲国家都在使用。

[5] 最早的筷子是用骨头和玉制成的。

[6] 在春秋时代又出现了铜制和铁制的筷子。

[7] 在古代,富人家用玉筷子或金筷子以显示其家庭的富有。

[8] 许多帝王用银制的筷子以检查他们的食物中是否被人投了毒。

[9] 筷子在传统上是被当作新娘的嫁妆的,因为“筷子”在汉语中读作“kuaizi”,听起来很像“快得儿子”。

[10] 许多外国朋友在访问中国的时候都使用筷子。

[11] 甚至是美国前总统尼克松在为其到来而举办的欢迎宴会上也使用了筷子。

[12] 他刚一离开桌子,一名国外的外交人员就抓起了他的筷子,把它作为了具有历史意义的纪念品。

[13] 下次与外国朋友吃饭时不要忘记把这个有趣的故事告诉他们,卖弄一下你的知识。

第八节 文化差异与冲突 Cultural Differences and Impacts

1.Chewing with Your Mouth Open张开嘴咀嚼食物

This is the opposite of western culture.The Chinese appreciate that you make noise while eating.Westerners feel this is disgusting and shows a complete lack of manners.Chew with your mouth shut!

这与西方文化相反。中国人喜欢在咀嚼食物的时候发出声响。西方人认为这种行为极为讨厌,是缺乏礼貌的表现。嚼东西的时候要闭上嘴巴!

2.Speaking with Your Mouth Full

说话时满嘴食物

This is considered quite rude when at the dinner table.Western children are taught from a very early age never to do this.

在餐桌上,这被认为是非常粗鲁的行为。西方人从小就受教导不这样做。

3.Picking/Sucking Teeth 剔牙/吮牙

It is considered rude to pick between your teeth where others can see you.Western restaurants usually do not supply toothpicks, so it is sometimes hard to decide when to remove food stuck between the teeth.It is usually best to excuse yourself and go to the bathroom.

当着他人的面剔牙是很不礼貌的。西餐厅通常不提供牙签,所以有时候很难决定什么时候该剔牙。当确实需要清理牙缝间的食物时,最好是上洗手间。

4.Elbows on the Table手肘支在桌上

While eating you should be sitting up straight.Do not put your elbows on the table.Putting your elbows on the table will make you look like a farmer.

用餐时应该身体坐直,手肘不要支在餐桌上。把手肘放在桌子上会让你看起来像个农民。

5.Spitting Food (Bones, Skin, etc.) Out of Your Mouth直接从嘴里吐出食物(骨头、壳等)

This is not done in Western restaurants.If you do need to take something out of your mouth, bring your napkin up to your mouth and place the item in it.

在西方的餐厅里你是见不到这一幕的。真要吐出食物的话,应该把纸巾拿到嘴边,吐在纸巾上。

6.Picking Up Your Plate or Bowl端起碗碟

They think that only children do this.Don\'t lean over and slurp from the plate on the table either.Food must be transported from the dish to your mouth with a fork or a spoon.If you\'re nervous about using a knife and fork, buy a set and practice at home until you feel comfortable.

西方人觉得这是小孩子才会有的举动。也不要把嘴放在碗边直接吸取食物。要用勺子或叉子把食物送进嘴里。如果你不习惯用刀叉,那就买一套放在家里练习如何使用,直到运用自如。

7.Speaking Loudly大声讲话

All Westerners try to keep the conversation to their own table.If the whole restaurant can hear you, you are speaking too loudly and it will be considered rude.In fact, some westerners find it difficult to do busine in Chinese restaurants because the noise level is just too high.

用餐时,西方人会把音量控制在饭桌以内。如果整个餐厅都能听到你说话,那你的声音就太大了,这是很失礼的。实际上,一些西方人认为在中国的餐馆里谈生意是件很困难的事,因为噪音太大了。

8.Paing Gas/Belching/Burping放屁和打嗝

This is considered rude in any situation.If you do need to pa gas, excuse yourself and go to the bathroom.Of course sometimes this is out of your control.If you accidentally pa gas loudly in front of others, you need to say, \"excuse me\" and quickly start talking about something to distract the people around you.DO NOT discu any details about your gas, or any bodily function at the table!

在任何场合下放屁或打嗝都是不雅的。如果确定需要的话,要上洗手间解决。当然也有失控的时候。如果不小心当众放了响屁,要说“对不起”,而且要很快转移话题。千万不要大谈特谈“人之气”,也不要在餐桌上谈论任何与身体器官有关的内容。

9.Cleaning Ears with Fingernails用指甲挖耳孔

This is not done in public.It shouldn\'t be done in private either! It\'s dangerous.Use a cotton swab!

千万不要在大庭广众下用指甲挖耳。在没有人的地方也不要这样做!用指甲挖很危险,最好用棉签!

10.Smoking吸烟

While others are still eating or even when everyone has finished eating, it is polite to ask their permiion to smoke at the table.In many western restaurants, you will be asked if you prefer to be seated in the smoking or non-smoking section.If your host chooses the non-smoking section, you will have to excuse yourself from the table to smoke.

当其他的人还没有吃完,或者就算所有的人都用完餐了,如果要吸烟的话,要礼貌地征得大家的许可。在很多西餐厅里你会被问到是愿意在吸烟区还是非吸烟区就餐。如果主人选择了非吸烟区,那你想吸烟时就要征得同桌人的同意到外面去。

11.Advice to Foreigners in China

给在华外国人的建议

W: Man, I can\'t get used to this way of shopping.I\'m never sure if I\'m getting the best price, and most of the time I get all tongue-tied when I start haggling.

天哪,我可受不了这样买东西。我总也不知道是不是买到了好价钱,大部分时间都是刚一开口侃价舌头就不听使唤了。

C: You\'ve got to shop this way though.If you pay the first price you hear, you\'re likely to get ripped off.

你必须得这样买东西。如果对方开价多少你就给多少,那肯定挨宰。

W: I know.I\'ve noticed that you always seem to knock off some of the price.

是呀。我看你总是能砍掉一些。

C: Don\'t worry.As soon as you pick up more of the language, there\'ll be no problem for you either.

别担心,你的语言一过关,买东西就不成问题了。

第九节 北京专辑 Beijing Special

1.W: Does Beijing have a special nickname?

北京有没有一个特别的称呼?

C: No, but most people say Beijing is the heart of China.

没有,但是人们把北京称作中国的心脏。

2.W: Tell me something about Beijing.

告诉我一些关于北京的事情。

C: Beijing is China\'s vibrant capital city.It is a combination of ancient and modern China.

北京是中国充满活力的首都,她是古代文明与现代文明的结合体。

3.W: Is Beijing a popular tourist destination?

北京是个热门的旅游胜地吗?

C: Sure, Beijing attracts millions of tourists every year.

当然是,北京每年吸引着数百万的游客。

4.W: What\'s the best attraction in Beijing?

北京最吸引人的是什么?

C1: Without doubt one of the world\'s greatest tourist attractions is the Great Wall.

毫无疑问,长城是世界上最具吸引力的旅游胜地之一。

C2: The Forbidden City and Tian\'anmen Square are also very impreive.

紫禁城和**广场也很吸引人。

5.W: Why is Beijing such a special city?

北京为什么这么特别?

C1: Beijing is a city with a long history and a melting pot of Chinese ethnic cultures.

北京是一个具有悠久历史,融合各民族文化的城市。

C2: There is a unique feeling about shopping in Beijing that cannot be found anywhere else.

在北京购物的独特感受是在其它任何地方都体会不到的。

C3:There are thousands of eating places in Beijing, serving more than half a dozen different Chinese cuisines.There are also restaurants with food from many other countries.You can eat around the world without leaving Beijing!

北京有数以千计的美食城,六七种不同的菜系。北京也有世界各地的风味餐厅,不出北京就可以吃遍全世界!

6.W: What is Beijing\'s most famous food?

北京最著名的食品是什么?

C1: Beijing Duck is the most delicious food Beijing has to offer.

北京烤鸭是北京最美味的食品。

C2: Jiaozi is a favorite of many western visitors.

饺子是很多西方游客的最爱。

7.W: How do you like living in Beijing?

你觉得生活在北京怎么样?

C1: I think it\'s a nice place.People here are very friendly and intelligent.

我觉得这个地方不错,人很友好也很有智慧。

C2: I love it.I would never want to live any place else.我喜欢这里的生活,别的地方哪也不想去。

8.W: Where is the Silk Street?

秀水街在哪里?

C: It\'s over there, I\'d be glad to show you the way.

在那边,我很乐意带你去。

北京奥运会志愿者专用培训教材礼仪

《北京奥运会志愿者培训教材》 中国急救网

北京奥运会志愿者心得

志愿者培训教材英语(定稿)

北京奥运会志愿者培训手册

08北京奥运会志愿者心得

北京奥运会志愿者管理研究

08北京奥运会志愿者心得

北京奥运会英语演讲稿

志愿者培训教材

《北京奥运会志愿者培训教材》——英语
《《北京奥运会志愿者培训教材》——英语.doc》
将本文的Word文档下载到电脑,方便编辑。
推荐度:
点击下载文档
点击下载本文文档