人人范文网 范文大全

船员实用英语会话

发布时间:2020-03-03 17:46:12 来源:范文大全 收藏本文 下载本文 手机版

船员实用英语会话

PRACTICAL ENGLISH CONVERSATIONS FOR SEAMEN

目录 CONTENTS

LESSON 1.ENTERING PORT

进港 §1.Calling for a pilot by VHF

使用VHF呼叫引水员

§2.Conversation with Agent through radio station

通过岸台与代理通话 §3.Waiting for the pilot in the roadstead

在锚地等待引水员 §4.Planning a paage through the Canal

通过运河 §5.Entering Port

进港 §6.Sending Ropes out

带缆 §7.Alongside the Dock(A)

靠码头 (A) §8.Alongside the Dock(B)

靠码头 (B) §9.Enquiring about port information

询问港口情况 §10.Preparing the Gangway

准备舷梯 LESSON 2. QUARANTINE

检疫 §1.Quarantine(A)

检疫 (A) §2.Calling an Ambulance

叫救护车 §3.Quarantine (B)

检疫 (B) LESSON 3. CUSTOMS INSPECTION 海关检查 §1.Customs officer asking Questions(A)

海关官员询问情况 (A) §2.Customs officer asking Questions(B)

海关官员询问情况 (B) §3.Crew’s Personal Effects list and store list(A)

船员私人物品清单和物料清单 (A)

§4.Crew’s Personal Effects list and store list(B)

船员私人物品清单和物料清单 (B)

§5.Crew’s Personal Effects list and store list(C)

船员私人物品清单和物料清单 (C) §6.Sealing

封关

§7.After sealing

封关之后 LESSON 4 IMMIGRATION INSPECTION 移民局检查

§1.Immigration officer asking question (A)

移民局官员询问情况 (A) §2.Immigration officer asking question (B)

移民局官员询问情况 (B) §3.Muster

集合 LESSON 5 AGENT

代理 §1.Agent comes aboard

代理登船 §2.Agent meets Chief officer

代理和大副 §3.Agent’s arrangements for cargo unloading

代理安排卸货 §4.Preparations for loading the container ship Attended to by Agent 代理协助集装箱船的装货准备工作

§5.Ship’s requirements

船方要求 §6.Be always on the alert while on time charter

时刻关注期租合同 LESSON 6 CARGO WORK

管理货物 §1.Loading Coal

装煤 §2.Discuing the stowage (A)

讨论配载 (A) §3.Discuing the stowage (B)

讨论配载 (B) §4.Changing the stowage 变更配载 §5.Rigging the derricks

准备吊杆 §6.repairing the derrick 修理吊杆 §7.laying dunnage 铺设垫舱物料 §8.Giving directions about the stowage (A) 有关堆装的指示 (A) §9.Giving directions about the stowage (B) 有关堆装的指示 (B) §10.Making separation 隔票 §11.Securing heavy lifts 重货绑扎 §12.Securing cargo 货物绑扎 §13.Discharging operations in progre 卸货在进行中 §14.Dispute about cargo 有关货物的争执 §15.Working cargo in the rain 冒雨装货 §16.Winch trouble 起货机故障 §17.Pilferage (A) 偷窃 (A) §18.Pilferage (B) 偷窃 (B) §19.Stevedores going on strike 装卸工罢工 LESSON 7 TALLYING CARGO

理货

LESSON 8 CARGO SURVEY

商检 §1.Cargo Survey (A) 商检 (A) §2.Cargo Survey (B) 商检 (B) LESSON 9 TANKER

油船 §1.Hose connection 软管连接 §2.Safety Precautions 安全措施 §3.Checking safety precautions (A) 安全措施检查 (A) §4.Checking safety precautions (B) 安全措施检查 (B) §5.Arrangements with the loading master 安全装油 §6.Survey of the Tanks 检查油舱 §7.Determination of the cargo amount 确定载油量 LESSON 10 SAFETY INSPECTION 安全检查 §1.Safety Inspection (A) 安全检查 (A) §2.Safety Inspection (B) 安全检查 (B) §3.Safety Inspection (C) 安全检查 (C) §4.Safety Inspection (D) 安全检查 (D)

LESSON 11 DECLARING PORT REGULATIONS 宣布港章 §1.Declaring port regulations (A) 宣布港章 (A) §2.Declaring port regulations (B) 宣布港章 (B)

LESSON 12 VIOLATIING PORT REGULATIONS 违反港章 §1.Violating port regulations (A) 违反港章 (A) §2.Violating port regulations (B) 违反港章 (B)

LESSON 13 COLLISION ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION 碰撞事故调查

LESSON 14 SHIP CHANDLER

船舶供应商 §1.Order (A) 定单 (A) §2.Order (B) 定单 (B)

LESSON 15 LAUNDRYMAN

洗衣工人 LESSON 16 AGENT’S BUSINESS

代理业务 §1.Cash advance 借款 §2.Ship’s papers 船舶证书 §3.Luggage 行李 §4.Miscellaneous 其他 §5.Before sailing 开航前

LESSON 17 SEA PILOT

海上引水 §1.Guiding to cabin 接到客房 §2.Pilot’s request 引航员要求

LESSON 18 SUPLEMENTAL MATERIAL

补充材料 §1.Visiting 参观 §2.Foreman 工头、领班 §3.Boarding officer 登轮官员 §4.Customs’ searching party 海关抄关队 §5.Searching of the ship 抄关 §6.Asking for unsealing (by phone) 请求开封(打电话)

LESSON 1 ENTERING PORT §1.Calling for a pilot by VHF On Channel 16

在16频道上呼叫引航员 (S—Ship P—Port control)

S: Port control.Port control.This is Chinese motor ship “HAIHE” Calling.Over

港口控制台,这是中国船“海河”呼叫。请回答

P: Port control answering.Please spell your name and call sign.Over.港口控制台听到。请拼你的船名和呼号。回答

S: Port control.This is Chinese motor ship “HAIHE” spelling the ship’s name: HOTEL ALFA INDIA HOTEL ECHO “HAIHE”.My call Sign BMOR BRAVO MIKE OSCAR ROMEO Over 港口控制台,这是中国船“海河”呼叫,船名拼写为:HAIHE, 呼叫拼写为:BMOR P: “HAIHE” , This is port control, channel 12 Over “海河”,这是港口控制台,转到12频道

ON CHANNEL 12 S: Port control, this is “HAIHE” on channel 12.my ETA at the designated Western anchorage is 1600hours GMT.Ready to take pilot by that time.港口调度,这是海河在12频道呼叫。我轮预计抵达指定的西锚地的时间GMT1600时,请于这一时间为我们安排引航员。请回答。

P: “Haihe”, this is Port control, Your meage is well understood.Your ship will pick up the pilot at No.21 entrance buoy on arrival.Please prepare a secure ladder.stand by on channel 16, and call me back half an hour before

arrival.Over

“海河”,这是港口调度,我已明白你的要求。你轮将在21号进口浮处上引航员,请准备好安全的梯子,在16频道保持守,并在到达前半小时呼叫我们一次,请回答。

S: All right, Thank you.We shall keep a listening watch on channel 16 when in the harbour area.Out

好的,谢谢。在港区内我们将在16频道守听。通话完毕

ON CHANNEL 16 (S—Ship

W—West Port Radio)

S: West Port Radio, This is “Haihe” on channel 16.How do you read me?

西港台,海河在16频道呼叫,您能听到我吗?

W: “Haihe”, I read you with signal strength 5.Can I do anything for you?

海河,我听的非常清楚,我能为您做点什么?

S: I would like to get a telephone link call to my agent in west port, His telephone number is 157488.Would you put me through to this number?

我想给在西港的代理打电话,他的电话号码是157488,您可以替我接通这个号码吗?

W: All right, Just a moment.Hold on for a few minutes.Please

好的,请稍侯,先别挂。

§2 Conversation With Agent Through Radio Station

(A—Agent

C—Captain) 通过岸台与代理对话

A: Good morning, Captain, Jackson speaking.

早上好, 我是杰克逊

C: Good morning, Mr.Jackson.I expect you have received my radiogram about the respects of discharge and the radiogram joint inspection.I hope you’ll make quick arrangements to order fuel oil and fresh provisions, according to my previous radiogram.

早上好,杰克逊先生,我想您已经收到了我的关于卸货安排和电报联检的电报,我希望您尽快依据我上次的电报,预定所需的燃油和新鲜食品。 A: Yes, I’ll do that.And I’ve fulfilled all neceary formalities in connection with your arrival, and the radiogram joint inspection has been arranged.

是的,我会的,我已办好与你轮抵达有关的一切手续,电报联检也已办妥。

C: I appreciate ever so much what you have done for my ship.So long!

十分感谢您为我们做的一切。再见!

§3. Waiting For The Pilot In The Roadstead (C—Captain P—Port Operation)

在锚地等候引航员

C: New Port operation.This is Chinese ship “Haihe” calling.This is Chinese ship “Haihe” calling, over.

NEWPORT港务当局。这是中国船“海河”呼叫,请回答。

P: This is New port operation, Answering.Your name and Call sign, please.Over.

这是NEWPORT港务当局回答。你船的名字和呼号,请回答。

C: My ship’s name is “Haihe”, HOTEL-ALFA-INDIA-HOTEL-ECHO.Call sign BMOR BRAVO-MIKE-OSKAR- ROEO.Over

我船名字是“海河”。呼号BMOR

P: “Haihe”, HOTEL-ALFA-INDIA-HOTEL-ECHO.Call sign BMOR, BRAVO-MIKE-OSKAR-ROMEO.Is that all correct? Over

“海河” 呼号BMOR,是正确的吗?请回答 C: Yes, thank you. 是的,谢谢

P: Please come in.what’s your port of registry? Over

请讲,你的船籍港是哪里,请回答 C: My port of registry is Dalian

我的船籍港是大连。

P: Your last port of call and destination? Over

请告你的上一港和目的港?请回答

C: My last port of call was HongKong and my destination is London.Over.

我的上一港是香港,目的港是香港。请回答

P: Please give your ship’s particulars and your intention of calling at this port.Over.

请给你船的船舶规范特性表和你靠这个港的打算。请回答

C: 165metres long and 21.8metres wide, maximum draught 8.5metres and gro tonnage 9605 tons, we are calling at your port for replenishment of fuel oil and fresh water.Over.

船165米长,21.8米宽,最大吃水8.5米,总吨9605,我船靠挂在你港是补充燃油和淡水,请回答

P: Is your ship underway now? 你船现在在航吗?

C: Yes, She has cleared the East cape lighthouse.My ETA at the Eastern

Anchorage will be 1530 hours.Could you send a pilot there? Over.

是的,他已经离开了西角灯塔。我们预计抵达东锚地的时间是1530。您能派一名引水登轮吗?回答。

P: We are sorry, No pilot is available at present.Please anchor there and wait for the pilot After anchoring advise me of your anchoring position and stand by on Channel 12, Awaiting further notice.Over

非常抱歉,现在没有引水员。请抛锚并在那里等候引航员,抛锚后,请告诉你们的锚泊位置,并在12频道守听,等候下一步的通知,请回答。 C: OK.I’ll do that.Thank you.Out.(After anchoring at the anchorage)

好的。我将按您的指示做。谢谢。通话完毕。(在锚地抛锚后) C: New port operation.New port operation.“HAIHE” Calling, Over.New port 港务当局。海河呼叫。请回答。 P: “HAIHE” New port operation.Over.

海河。New Port港务当局。请回答。

C: I’ve dropped anchor at 1415 hours position 070 degrees 1.5 N miles from the south island lighthouse.When can I expect the pilot to come? Over.

我轮已在1415时抛锚,位置070度,距离南岛灯塔1.5海里,引航员何时能登我轮?

P: The pilot will board your ship at 0800 hours tomorrow morning.Please stand by on channel 12.Over.

引航员将在明早0800时登轮,请在12频道守听。请回答。

C: I’ll stand by on channel 12.On which side is the pilot ladder to be rigged? Over.

我们将在12频道守听,引水梯装在哪一舷?

P: It is all right to rig the pilot ladder on either side and stand by there.

哪一舷都可以,不过要在引水梯旁等候。 C: Thank you.Good-bye.

谢谢。再见。

§4 Planning a Paage through the canal

计划通过运河

(C—CAPTAIN

P—PILOT STATION) C: Canal:[kə\'næl]pilot station.This is Chinese ship “HAIHE” Calling.Over

运河引水站。这是中国船海河呼叫。

P: “HAIHE” This is canal pilot station speaking.Please change over to frequency:[\'frikwənsi] channel 11.over

海河这是运河引水站,请转到11频道。

C: OK.

好的。

P: “HAIHE” Over.

海河请回答。

C: This is Chinese ship “HAIHE” I’m now proceeding to the quarantine anchorage and expect to be there in half an hour.I want to join the convoy and proceed through the canal.Will you please arrange for a pilot to meet me there? Over.

这是中国船海河,我正驶向检疫锚地,预计半小时后到达。我希望加入船队过运河,请安排一名引航员在那里与我会合好吗?请回答。 P: What are your port of departure and port of destination? Over

你们的出发港和目的港是哪里?

C: My port of departure Hamburg.Destination shanghai.Over

我船的出发港是汉堡,目的港是上海。 P: Your ship’s particulars? Over.

你船的船舶规范呢?

C: 135 meters long.28.5 meters wide.Gro tonnage 12500.drafts 7 meters forward and 7.6 meters aft.Over

船长135米,船宽28.5米,总吨12500,前吃水7米,后吃水7.6米。 P: What kind of ship are you? Over.

你船的船型是什么?

C: I’m a cargo ship and I have 8000 tons of steel.Over

我船是一条杂货船并且有8000吨钢材。

P: Will you discharge or load any cargo at this port? Over

你在本港装卸货物吗?

C: No.I’m a southbound ship.I want to transit the canal.Over

不,我船是向南航行的船,我船想通过运河。 P: How is you rudder indicator? Over

你船的舵角指示器如何?

C: My rudder indicator is in good working order.Over

我船的舵角指示器工作良好。

P: Do you have any canal projector on board?

你船有运河探照灯吗?

C: Yes, I’ve got one on board.Over

有,我船有一个。

P: OK.Please proceed to the western quarantine anchorage and drop anchor 180 degrees 2 n miles from the entrance buoy.Your should change to

channel 6 and standby.I will call you again in a few minutes.

好的,请驶向西检疫锚地并在距离进口浮标180度,2海里处抛锚。请转至6频道守听。我将在短时间内呼叫你轮。 C: I’ll standby on channel 6,.Thank you.Out

我转至6频道。谢谢。

P: “HAIHE” Canal pilot station calling, over

海河,运河引水站呼叫。

C: Pilot station.This is “:HAIHE” answering, over

运河引水站,这是海河回答。

P: You will join the convoy of 16 ships tomorrow and your station in the convoy is number 8, the transit will begin at 0700, please proceed directly to buoy No.4 at 0530.the pilot will board your ship there.Please stand by the gangway on your starboard side.Over

你轮将于明天加入一支16艘船组成的船队,你船在船队中的编号是8号,通过运河将从0700开始,请于0530驶到第4号浮标处,引航员将在那里登船,请在右舷放下舷梯,请回答。

C: OK.My station in the convoy is number 8.the pilot will meet us at buoy No.4, gangway starboard side is that all correct? Good-bye.Over

好的,我轮在船队中是8号,引航员将在第4号浮标处上我轮,舷梯放在右舷。都正确吗?

P: Yes, that’s all correct.Good-bye.Over

是的,完全正确。再见。 C: Thank you.Good-bye, out

谢谢。再见。

§5 Entering port

进港

1.Sea Pilot Comes Aboard

海上引航员登轮

(P-PILOT D-DECK HAND T-3rd OFFICER) P: Lower the pilot ladder on the port side, please

请放低左舷的引水梯。

D: All right, is it all right at this height?

这个高度行吗? P: Lower it some more.

再放低点。 D: Now how is it?

现在这样行吗?

P: Yes, that’s good.Drop the heaving line to left my bag.

好的,扔下撇缆,将我的包吊上船。 D: OK, watch you head.I’m throwing it

好的,当心头,我把撇缆扔下去了。 P: Good morning, isn’t it beautiful weather?

早上好,天气不错,对吗?

T: Good morning, sir yes, it certainly is.Will you please come this way? The captain is expecting you in his room.Write down your name in block letters, please.

早上好,先生,是的,天气很好。请走这儿,船长正在他的房间等您。请您把名字用正楷大写字母写下。 D: How long did it take you to reach here.

到这里你船走了多久。 T: Well, just 16 days.

刚好16天。

P: How many knots at service speed?

常用的船速多少节?

T: She gets eighteen knots at service speed.This way, please.Captain, the pilot has boarded.

常用船速18节,请走这里,船长,引航员已经来了。

2. CALLING THE PILOT

呼叫引航员

(P-Pilot S-2ND Officer Q-Quarter master) P: (To the officer on duty) I’m going below for a little rest.Will you call me at half past three?

(对值班驾驶员)我现在下去休息一下,请在三点半叫我好吗? S: OK.Sir

好的,先生。

S: Quartermaster, will you go below and call the pilot? Tell him it’s getting pretty cold so he’d better come up with his coat on.

舵工,您下去叫引航员好吗?告诉他天气变的相当冷,最好穿上外衣再上来。

Q: Yes, sir.(at the door of the room provided for pilot) Pilot, it’s half past three, sir.It’s extremely cold outside.I think you’d better put your coat on.

是,先生。(在引航员的房间门前)引航员,三点半了,先生。外边很冷,您最好穿上大衣。

P: Thank you Quartermaster, how is the weather?

谢谢舵工,天气怎样?

Q: Very cold and the traffic is rather heavy, sir.

很冷,但通航船舶很多。 P: I’ll come up in a minute.

我马上就上驾驶台。

2.Dock Pilot Comes Aboard(A)

码头引水登轮(A) (C-Captain

P-Pilot) C: How long shall we stay here?

我们将在这里呆多久? P: We won’t wait at all.

我们不用等的。

C: Must we wait for the tide?

我们必须等潮水吗?

P: Yes, but the tide is beginning to rise.

是的,但是潮水正在开始上涨。

C: At what time will you prepare to enter the harbour?

您准备什么时候进港?

P: Right away.Let’s be ready to heave up anchor and enter the harbour.We’re going to berth no.2, starboard alongside, heading out.

现在就进,准备起锚、进港。我们准备右舷靠29泊位,船首朝外。 C: Starboard alongside? Then are we going to swing off the pier? We may need some tugs to help up.

右舷靠?那么我们要在突码头旁掉头了?我们需要几只拖轮帮助。 P: Yes, we’re going to make fast a tug forward and another aft.And the third tug must be prepared in order to push the starboard bow when we swing.

是的,我们准备船首船尾各带一条拖轮,三条拖轮在旁准备着,掉头时协助顶推右首。

C: Our veel is equipped with a side-thruster, can we reduce one tug?

我船船首有侧推设备,是否可以少用一条拖轮? P: Yes, by the way, please tell me your ship’s particulars.好的,请顺便告知你们船舶的船舶规范。

C: My gro tonnage is 10488 tons, net tonnage 7268 tons.My veel is 152 meters long and 21 meters wide.Our loaded draft is 9.5 meters, in ballast my ship draws 5.3 meters.

我船总吨10488吨,净吨7268吨,船长152米、船宽21米。满载吃水

9.5米,空船吃水5.3米。

P: How is your draught fore and aft?

现在前后吃水是多少?

C: My draft forward is 30 feet and my draft aft is 32 feet.

我船前吃水30英尺、后吃水32英尺。 P: What’s you harbour speed?

港内速度是多少?

C: My harbour speed is 14 knots, slow speed 12 knots, dead speed 5 knots.My gyro-compa error is two degrees east.

港内速度14节,慢速12节,微速5节。罗经差2度东。 P: How are your steering gear and telegraph?

您船的舵机和车钟正常吗?

C: Our steering gear is all right and telegraph answers very well.

我们的舵机工作正常,车钟反应很快。

C: Ah, the tugs are just coming but from the end of the pier.

啊,拖轮刚从突码头端部开过来。

P: Are they? Oh, I see, what is your engine, captain, turbine or diesel?

是吗?不错,船长,你船主机是涡轮机还是柴油机?

C: Diesel, it starts and stops very quickly, and the steering is not bad.

柴油机,启车和停车特别快,舵机也不错。

P: That’s good, please get both anchors ready in case we have to bring her to a stop all of a sudden.We may use the anchor to deaden our speed if we have too much speed at the corner of pier.

那很好,请备好双锚以便突然停车时用,如果到了突码头转角处速度还太快的话,我们可必须用锚减速。

C: Both anchors are ready.Our stability is not good, please go more slowly when you swing.

双锚已准备好,我船稳性不好,掉头时请慢点。 P: Yes, I see, we are preparing to weight anchor.

明白,现在准备起锚。

C: Shall we send someone to look out on the bow?

我们要不要派人在船头了望。

P: Yes, keep those two lights in a line, don’t look at the compa, watch the ship’s head.

好的,保持那两盏灯成一条直线,不要看罗经,看船首。 Q: Yes.

好的。

P: Give a wide berth to the breakwater.

离开防波堤远一点

P: The fog is too thick.Switch on the radar.Let a deck hand take the sounding here.All veels ready to enter the canal must have their ladders and booms run in.

雾很大,打开雷达。让一个水手在这里探测。所以准备进入运河的船只必须把梯子和吊杆收进来。 C: I’ll ask the bosun to do the work.我告诉水手长做这项工作。

P: Get the search light ready so that we can go through the canal at night the fog has lifted.Switch off the radar.

准备好探照灯以便夜间通过运河。雾散了,关闭雷达。

4. Dock Pilot Comes Aboard(B)

码头引水员登轮(B)

P: Hello! Captain.I’m glad to meet you again.And it’s really a pleasure to come on board your ship.She is so well looked after.Do you remember me? Jackson is my name.

你好!船长,很高兴见到你。很高兴上你船。他看上去保养的很好。还记得我吗?我的名字杰克逊。

C: How do you do, Jackson? I do remember you.We met a year ago.You haven’t changed much.

你好,杰克逊?我记得你。一年前见过。你变化不大。

P: Thank you.I see, captain, that your ship is heavily laden, what is you draft now?

谢谢,船长,看得出你轮这次装的不少,你轮现在吃水是多少? C: My draft is 28 feet 6 inches aft.

后吃水28英尺6英寸。

P: If that’s the case, you can’t enter the harbour now.you’ll have to wait for high tide.It would be dangerous to proceed now.

如果是这样的话,你们不能现在进港,你轮不得不等待涨潮,现在进港是危险的。

C: It’s unfortunate.How long shall we have to stay here?

真不走运,要等多久?

P: About 2 hours.So there is no hurry during the pilotage, let me ask you about your ship’s particulars if you don’t mine.

大约2小时,所以引航期间不必着急,如果您不介意,我想了解一下你轮的船舶规范。

C: Not at all.Go ahead, Mr.Jackson.

当然不介意,请问吧。杰克逊先生。

P: Obviously, your ship is made in china.She is one of the most modern ships I’ve ever seen - How many hatches has she?

很明显,你轮是中国制造的,她是我所见到的最现代的船舶之一,她有几个舱?

C: She has five hatches, three hatches forward of the bridge and two hatches astern of it.

有五个舱,三个在驾驶台前,两个在后。 P: What is your engine, captain, turbine or diesel?

主机如何,船长,涡轮机还是柴油机?

C: Diesel.She is single-screwed and her propeller is right-handed.

柴油机。是单浆推进,其螺旋桨是右动式。 P: Are there any errors on your gyro-compa?

罗经有问题吗?

C: Yes, about w degrees plus and there is an automatic pilot.

有,有正2度的误差,有一个自动舵。 P: How about her steering gear and telegraph?

舵机和车钟有问题吗?

C: They are both in good working order.

他们工作正常。

P: How many revolutions does her propeller make at full speed?

主机全速时转速多少? C: 106 revolutions.

106转。

P: How long will it take to reverse your engine from full ahead to full astern.

主机从全速前进到全速后退需多长时间。

C: Not more than 18 seconds, but please note that, our ship is slow in going astern.

不超过18秒,不过我轮倒车时速度慢,请注意这点。

P: Your advice is useful for me to guide your ship into the harbour, thank you.

您的忠告对我引航进港很有帮助,谢谢。 C: You are welcome.

不必客气。

5. Proceeding Into The Harbour

驶进港内

(P-Pilot T-Third mate H-Helmsman C-Captain)

P: Third mate, we’ll get underway now.please lower flag “G” and hoist flag “H” and give one long blast on the whistle.

三副我们要开航了,请降下“G”旗,升起“H”旗,并鸣一长笛。 T: OK, I’ll ask the helmsman to do that in a minute.

好的,我马上让舵工去做。

P: Please ring “stand by engine” captain! Heave away anchor.

请备车船长!起锚。 T: The anchor is up.

锚出水。

P; All right, sir.Now I’ll order to put hard to starboard.Please tell fore and aft by VHF that we are altering course to hard-starboard..

好的,先生。现在我将右满舵,请用VHF告诉船头和船尾,我轮已改变航向,右满舵行驶。

C: Pilot, watch two fishing boats ahead of us.Shall we give them a wide berth?

引航员先生,请注意前方有两条渔船,我们是否要避开他们?

P: Certainly! We had better keep clear of them.They are croing our head to port.Starboard fifteen.

当然!我们最好远离他们。他们正经过船头到左舷。右舵15度。 H: Starboard fifteen, wheel’s starboard fifteen.

右舵15度,舵角右转15度。

C: Mr.pilot, do you see an outgoing tanker ahead, a little to our port?

引水先生,您是否看到前方一条出港的油船,很靠近我船左舷?

P: Yes, we are meeting end on.Let’s avoid the risk of collision, we must alter our course to starboard so that we will pa on the port side of the other veel.

是的,我们当头对遇,让我们采取措施避免碰撞。我们必须向右转向以便从那船的左舷经过。

C: That’s right.Oh, the fog is setting in.I’m afraid we have poor visibility ahead.

对,起雾了,恐怕前方的能见度不好。

P: Yes, we’ll have to make a sound signal because visibility will soon decrease to zero.Would you mind switching on your radar.Captain?

是的,我们必须发出声音信号,因为能见度快降到零了,船长能否打开雷达?

C: The radar is on and I’ll leave the 3 N mile scale for your viewing.

您知道雷达是开着的,我已调到3海里的量程上供您观察。

P: If so, I won’t leave the radar screen as we are paing through a heavy traffic

area.There are many ships in the vicinity.I want a man on the head.

这样的话,我不会离开雷达屏幕的,因为我们正在穿越一个交通拥挤区,这附近有许多船,我需要一个人在船首了望。

C: The bosun is keeping a lookout there to see that good course is steered.

水手长正在那儿了望,以确保航向正确。

P: Fine.Now we are approaching the breakwater.Please use your binoculars, captain.Do you see the leading lights in the distance?

好。我们正接近防波堤。请使用您的望远镜,船长。您能看清远处的导航灯吗?

C: Yes, I do.We keep the lights in a line of 205 degrees.Shall we steer for them?

是的,我们保持在与灯成205度的线上,我们朝他们驶去吗?

P: Of course.Please tell your man to watch them carefully.The depth is about 10-12 fathoms here.Put a double check on your echo sounder, please.

当然,请让您的人仔细观察他们,这里的深度是10-12拓,请用你们的回声测深仪再测一次。

C: All right.We’ve done that, the depth is eleven and a half fathoms.Pilot, what’s the maximum safe draft for a cargo ship like ours to enter the entrance channel?

好的,我们已测了,龙骨以下水深11.5拓。引水先生,像我们这样的货船进港航道的最大安全吃水是多少?

P: It is 25 feet as shown on the chart, and the entry must take place on high tide.

海图上显示是25英尺,进港必须在高潮进行。

§6 Sending Ropes Out

带缆

(T-TUG B-BOSUN Lb-LINE BOAT Lr-LINE RUNNER) T: Throw a towing rope from the starboard bow, please!

请从船头右舷送出拖缆。 B: All right.Here you go!

好的,送出拖缆。

T: Slack! Give us plenty of slack!

松,松多一点。

B: Are you sure it’s all right? This is nylon, it’s very elastic you know.

松这么多行吗?这是尼龙缆绳,伸缩性很大。 T: All right.Hold on!

可以,刹车!

B: Keep it slack! We’ll make it fast.All fast now.

让它松着,我们要系缆了。缆已挽牢。 T: Okey.We’ll pull now.

好,那么我们要收紧了。

Lb: Give out two head lines, one from each side.

给出两根头缆下来,每边一根。 B: All right.Here they go.

好,送出来了。

Lb: Slack away more! I’m going to put them on the bitt over there.

再松点!我准备系在那边的缆桩上。 Lb: All right.Heave away!

好的。绞吧!

B: Keep away from the ropes.We’re going to leave both lines at the same time.

离缆绳远点,我们打算两根一起绞。

Lr: Send a heaving line for the spring.Shall I put the spring on this bitt?

送一根接倒缆用的撇缆,我把倒缆带在这个桩上好吗? B: No.put it on the next bitt astern.That one’s for the breast line.

不,带在后面那个缆桩,这个桩用来带横缆。 Lr: How many ropes do you want altogether?

你一共想带几根缆?

B: 3 head lines, 1 breast and 1 spring.

三根头缆,1根横缆和一根倒缆。

§7 Alongside The Dock(A)

靠码头(A)

(L-Linesman D-Deck hand C-Chief officer B-Berth master) L: Watch out! I’m throwing out the heaving line.

注意!我撇缆了。 D: All right.

好的。

L: Take it easy! Hold it a minute!

松慢些!刹一刹!

C: Now hold on! What happened? Is she in position?

停住!怎么样?位置好了吗? B: 15 feet more ahead.

再向前15英尺。

C: Slack away the back spring and heave in the head lines! How many feet

more?

松倒缆,绞首缆,还要朝前几英尺?

B: Three feet more! Hold on! Oh, she’s gone too far.Pull her back five feet!

再向前3英尺!停!哦,又过头了,朝后5英尺! C: That’s OK?

现在行了吗?

B: All right! Make fast the lines so that she will not move

行了,把缆绳挽牢,位置不要移动。 C: All right.Put the rat guards on the lines.

好的,缆绳上装好防鼠挡板。 D: Yes, sir.

是,大副。

§8 Alongside The Dock(B)

靠码头(B)

(C-Captain P-Pilot T-Third officer) C: Which berth is allotted to us, Mr.Pilot?

哪个泊位指定给我们,引水先生!

P: Normally, berths are aigned in order of ship’s arrival, “first com, first served”.You see.Oh, this is steering pretty well, this ship, third mate.

一般来说,泊位是根据船舶到达的先后顺序来分配的,顺序是:谁先到达,谁先得到服务。您明白吧。噢。这条船行驶的非常好,三副。 T: Yes, she is.是的。

P: (to the quartermaster) Starboard half a point.Watch her head now! don’t let her com the least to port! Starboard a little! Ease your helm! Steady as she goes! Keep that white light just a little bit on your port bow! Part your helm! Midship! Port little more.She is being brought in for berthing.(to the mate) half ahead! Please tell them down low to be ready for mooring.

(对舵工)右舵半个罗经点,现在注意船头,勿偏左,右舵一点!回舵!把定!将那盏白灯保持在离船首左舷一点的位置,左舵!正舵!再左舵一点点,船正在靠上泊位。(对三副)前进二!请告诉机舱准备靠泊。 T: Yes.Shell we get alongside the wharf or moor to buoys?

是,我们靠码头还是系浮筒?

P: We’re going to berth no.6, starboard side alongside, heading in.

我们要驶向6号泊位,右舷靠泊,船头朝里。 T: Shall we have to use tugboats?

我们必须要用拖轮吗?

P: Certainly! The towage for berthing is compulsory inside the harbour.It is blowing a gale and the current is strong today.We need at least 2 tugs.Look, the tugs have come.Please tell fore and aft to have a tow line ready for them on your port side.Take in all the slack of that line, hold on tight and make it fast.

当然!港内是强制使用拖轮靠泊的,你知道,今天刮大风,海流也很强。我们需要至少两艘拖轮,看拖轮已经来了。请告诉船首船尾在左舷准备拖缆,绷紧那根缆绳,使劲拉紧,把定挽牢。

T: Yes, we’ll do that.Must the port anchor be laid out and the moorings taken ashore?

是的,我们马上干。必须要送出左锚。系泊缆绳正带上岸吗?

P: Certainly.Stand by to drop your port anchor.(to the captain) full speed astern! Port your helm! Hard over! Midship! Stop her, sir! Slow ahead! Starboard! Stop her! (to the mate) let the anchor! Be careful not to drag it.Let the cable veer out 3 shackles on the windla.How is the chain leading?

当然,准备抛左锚,(对船长)全速后退!左舵!满舵!正舵!停车,先生!前进一!右舵!停车!(对三副)抛锚,小心别拖锚。松出锚链3节。锚链方向如何?

T: The chain grows astern.Sir, but the anchor bites the ground very well!

锚链向后拉,先生。但锚抓地很牢。

P: All right, sir.Please give her slow astern.Captain.

好,三副。请后退一,船长。 T: The chain is right up and down.

锚链垂直。

P: Stop your engines, captain.(to the mate) hold on your chain.How much outside the hawse pipe now?

停车,船长。(对三副)刹住锚链。锚链筒外有多少? T: Three shackles in water, sir.

三节入水,先生。

P: Right you are, I think she has got enough.Stand by fore and aft, captain.Heave away the chain, chief! Heave short!

很好,我想足够了,前后准备,船长。绞起锚链,大副!绞短。 T: The anchor is aweigh, pilot.

锚已离底,引水。

P: All right, sir.Slow ahead, captain! Starboard, just a little bit, steady! Stop her! Send a heaving line ashore! By the way, the current is strong here, you need to veer out anchor hawser to make he fast.

好的,前进一,船长,右舵,再右舵一点儿。把定!停车!撇一条引缆到岸上,另外这里的海流很强,您需要绞出另一根缆以挽牢船。 T: Yes, we have done it.Shall we get the head line ashore first?

是,我们已这样做了,我们是否应先将头缆送上岸?

P: Sure, head line first, then spring.Heave away the head line! Come up to the stopper! Easy, don’t break it.

当然,先送头缆,然后是倒缆。绞头缆,使用制缆索!松一点,别绷断了。

T: Yes, I’ve made sure all mooring lines are kept tight and no line is strained to the breaking point.

是,我可以保证所有的系泊缆绳都拉紧了并且没有一根缆绳紧到要绷断的地步。

P: Your ship is to use all her available ropes and wires due to the strong currents.Please get ready 4 head lines, 2 breast lines and 2 springs.We’ll soon secure alongside the quay.

由于强流,你船将要使用所有的缆绳和钢索,请准备4根头缆,2根横缆和2根倒缆,我们将很快靠上码头。 T: OK.Is she well position now?

好的,船现在位置正好吗?

P: Not yet.We’ll have to shift the stern line to the next bollard.She has to come 5 meters ahead.Heave away forward! Slack away aft! Stop heaving forward.Hold on aft! Apply to the stopper! Tie up like that! Get fenders ready.

还没有,我们必须把尾缆移到另一个系缆桩上去,船必须往前移5米,船头拉紧!松尾缆!停止向前绞紧!船尾拉住!使用制缆索。就这样固定!准备好碰垫。

T: All right, sir.Look, the mate is handing the capstan to pull the ship to the quay.

好的,先生。看,大副正操作绞盘把船拉向码头。

P: But due to silting alongside the quay, the ship could be only fended about 1.5 meters off the quay.She is just in position, being moored for a comfortable berth now.heave all lines tight and make fast.Let go the forward tug rope! Slack the anchor chain down to the ground.Let go the stern tug.Is every thing clear?

但由于码头边有淤泥,船舶只能被碰垫隔在离码头1.5米处。船位正好,现在一点儿没问题靠在泊位上了!所有的缆绳都系挽牢。解开船头拖缆!将锚链松至海底。解开船尾拖轮。一切都清爽了吗?

T: Yes, she is clear of very thing.

是的,船一切清爽。

P: (to the captain on the bridge) My duty is over, sir.Have you signed my pilotage receipt?

(在驾驶台对船长)我的任务完成了,先生。您在我的引航收据上签字了吗?

C: Yes, here it is.You’ve helped me a lot.Thank you.Here is a gla of beer help yourself! Good luck, pilot!

是的,在这儿,您帮了我很大的忙。谢谢。这儿有一杯啤酒,祝您好运! P: Good luck to you, too!

也祝您好运!

C: Can you manage another one?

您再来一杯吗? P: No, thanks.So long!

不,谢谢。再见!

§9 Enquiring About Port Information

询问港口情况 (P-Pilot C-Captain) P: The berthing is finished, captain.We were lucky that the traffic was not congested.

靠泊已经结束了,船长,我们很幸运,来往船只并不是很多。 C: Yes, and the visibility was very good, too.

是的,能见度也非常好。

P: Beautiful weather! But it’s pretty cold this morning.

天气真好!不过今早相当冷。

C: Yes, we could use a cup of hot coffee.

是的,我们喝杯热咖啡去。 P: Thank you.

谢谢。

C: Do sit down.By the way, I want to ask you for some information about this port if you don’t mind.

请坐,顺便问一下,如果您不介意的话,我想问些有关这个港口的情况。 P: Please do, captain.

请吧,船长。

C: What is your opinion about the largest size and the deepest draught of veel that enter the port safety?

您认为能安全进入本港的最大船舶及最大吃水为多少?

21

P: Well, the draught is controlled by the bar in the channel.The depth above the bar is 27 feet at low tide, and the maximum allowed draught is 30 feet at high tide.The veel must have at least 4 feet of water under the keel at all times while under way.

哦,吃水是受航道中的浅滩限制的,低潮时浅滩吃水为27英尺,高潮时最大允许吃水是30英尺。在航道中船舶最少要保持4英尺的富裕水深。

C: I see.What about the length and the breadth?

明白了,船长和船宽各多少?

P: Theoretically, there is no restriction on the length and breadth.But as the draft is limited, the maximum size of a veel is usually considered to be 50000 tons deadweight.Larger veels will have considerable difficulty in maneuvering even of the draught is not deep.

理论上说,船长和船宽不受限制,但由于吃水受限制,因此通常认为50000载重吨的船舶为最大的。更大些的船在操纵上会有许多困难,即使它的吃水不深。

§10 Preparing The

Gangway

准备舷梯

(A-Agent S-Sailor on watch) A: Hello, sailor, will you lower the gangway now?

你好,水手。现能放下舷梯吗?

S: Wait a minute, please.I’m waiting for the order from the bridge for lowering the gangway.But, you see, berthing is not finish yet, watch your head! The gangway is coming down now.

请等一等,我正等待驾驶台发出放舷梯的命令,但是您是知道的,靠泊还没完呢。小心头,舷梯放下来了。

A: Hold it, quartermaster! The ladder is going to hit the bitt down here.

停住,舵工!梯子要碰到底下的系缆桩了。

S: I’ll come down and see.Oh, I see.Will you help me pull the ladder?

我下来看看。噢,是的,请帮我拉一拉梯子好吗?

A: All right.That’s good.Now, don’t forget to spread the safety net, quartermaster!

好的,这下好了,舵工,不要忘了装安全网。 S: Yes, we’re going to put it up right away.Will this do?

是,我们准备马上装,这样行吗?

A: You should give it a little more slack.Otherwise it’ll break when the tide rises.

22

你要系松一点,不然涨潮时会绷断的。

S: I see.What about the ladder? Will it be at a very steep angle when the tide rises?

明白了,梯子怎么样?涨潮时角度会太陡吗?

A: No, the ladder is all right.The rise of the tide is about five feet.

不,梯子没问题。潮水涨高大约5英尺。 S; I must fix the safety net and handrail.

我必须把安全网和扶手装妥。

A: Yes, port authority has special regulations.

是的,港口当局有专门的规定。

LESSON 2

QUARANTINE

检疫

§1.Quarantine(A)

检疫

(S-Sanitary officer C-Chief officer) S: Chief officer?

大副? C: Yes.

是的,

S: we’re sanitary officers.

我们是检疫官员。 C: Please sit down.

请坐。

S: Thank you.Do you have the deratting certificate?

谢谢。你轮有除鼠证书吗?

C: Yes, here it is.It’s the exempt certificate iued just one mouth ago.

有,在这儿,是免于除鼠证书,是一个月前发的。 S: Good.Have you seen any trace of rats in the ship?

很好。发现船上有鼠迹吗?

C: No, never.And there was been no report on rats from the crew either.

从来没有,船员也没汇报过有老鼠。 S: Where is the garbage bin?

垃圾箱在哪儿?

C: It’s on the poop deck.It has a metal lid.The garbage is picked up by the

23

garbage man every day.And as we use insecticide.There are no flies at all.

在尾甲板上。有金属盖子,垃圾工每天清除垃圾。由于我们喷杀冲剂,所以船上也没有苍蝇。

S: How many rat guards and rat traps have you on board?

船上一共有多少防鼠档和鼠夹?

C: Well, let me see.Yes, 15 rats guards and 10 rat traps.

哦,让我想想。是,一共15只防鼠档和10只鼠夹。

S: All right.Now we want to check the sanitary condition.Could you get two men to make the rounds with us.One man for the provisions store and one for the deck store?

好,现在开始检查卫生,能派两个人跟我们去吗?一个去食品储藏间,一个去甲板物料间。 C: Certainly.Sir. 可以,先生。

S: Do you have any infectious diseases on board?

船上有传染病吗?

C: One of the officers was ill.He has had a high fever for three days.We suspected that he might have typhoid.

有一个驾驶员病了,他发了三天高烧,我们怀疑他可能得了伤寒。 S: How about now?

现在怎样了?

C: He got well after an injection of 20,000 units of penicillin.Can you provide an ambulance to take him at once to hospital for inspection?

在注射了20万单位青霉素之后已经好多了。您能否派一辆救护车把他立即送医院检查一下?

§2 Calling An Ambulance

叫救护车

(O-Second officer

S-Supervisor

W-Watchman) O: Watchman! Where is the nearest telephone?

看船人!在哪里打电话最近?

W: It’s in the stevedoring office at the foot of the pier.Perhaps Mr.Wu, the supervisor is in the office now.

码头走到底,装卸办公室有电话,可能监督员吴先生就在办公室。 O: Excuse me, Mr.Wu, but could you call an ambulance?

对不起,吴先生,请叫一辆救护车好吗? S: What’s the matter?

出什么事了?

24

O: A stevedore has fallen down into no.2 tweendeck.The third officer is giving first aid now.

有个装卸工人掉进二舱的二层柜。三副正在抢救。 S: Is he badly injured?

伤的厉害吗?

O: It doesn’t seem very bad.But we can’t tell until he’s been thoroughly examined.He seems to have landed on his back.

看起来不十分严重,但未做全面检查前不能肯定,好像是背着地的。 S: All right.I’ll get an ambulance, and also ring Mr.Li, your agent and tell him to come on board your ship immediately.

好,我来叫救护车,给你们的代理李先生打个电话,叫他马上到船上去。 O: Thank you, Mr.Wu, then I’ll go back to the ship.

谢谢您,吴先生,我回船去了。

S: All right.And I’ll go to the ship immediately.By the way, when will you carry out the fumigation.

好的,我马上也上船去,唉,对啦,你们什么时候进行薰舱? O: This afternoon.How long will the fumigation last?

今天下午。薰舱要进行多长时间? S: About an hour.

大约一小时。

§3 Quarantine(B)

检疫(B)

(Q-Quarantine officer

C-Captain) Q: How do you do, captain? I’m the quarantine officer.

您好,船长。我是检疫官员。

C: I’m glad to see you.Sit down please.Would you like a cigarette?

很高兴见到您,请坐。您吸烟吗?

Q: No, thanks.By the way, please tell your men not to throw lighted cigarette buts overboard.When did you drop anchor at the quarantine anchorage?

不,谢谢。顺便说一下,请告诉您的船员不要把点着的香烟头扔出舷外。你船是何时在检疫锚地抛锚的?

C: We drop anchor at 09:30 this morning, waiting for the quarantine inspection.

我们是今早0930时抛锚的,一直在等待检疫。 Q: Where do you come from?

你船从哪里来?

C: From Shanghai.Our next port of call is Bombay.

从上海。我们下一个停靠港是孟买。

25

Q: Oh, I see.Were you all inoculated against cholera at Shanghai?

哦,我知道了,你们在上海时都接种过防霍乱疫苗了吗?

C: Yes, inoculation and vaccination were all given free of charge.These are the crew’s inoculation papers.

是的,预防注射和接种是免费的,这是船员的预防注射证书。 Q: Thank you.Will you show me your latest bill of health, please?

谢谢,您可以给我看一看你们最新的健康证书吗?

C: Certainly, sir.Here you are.May I call up all hands on deck for doctors inspection?

当然,先生。给您。是否要叫全体船员到甲板来接受检查?

Q: No need, thanks.Here is the maritime declaration of health.Will you please fill in the form and sign it?

不用,谢谢。这是海上健康申报表。请填好表格后签上字,好吗? C: OK, I’ll ask my purser to complete it at once and he can give you all the information you may require.Do you want to make an inspection of the ship? I’ll get someone to accompany you.

好的,我马上让管事填好它,他将提供给您所需的一切材料。您是否要对船舶进行一下检查?我可以委派一个人陪同您。

Q: No, I don’t want to make any tour of inspection.Just show me your crew list.How many people are on board your ship and are there any paengers?

不,我不想做检查,请给我一份船员名单,你们有多少人在船上,有无乘客?

C: There are 38 crewmembers including a surgeon, and no paengers on board.

有38名船员,包括一名船医,船上没有乘客。 Q: Do you have any infectious diseases on board?

船上有传染病吗?

C: No, we haven’t.my crew are all in good health well, sir.When shall I get the free pratique? I hope we can get it as soon as the examination is over.

没有,我的船员身体都很健康,先生。我们何时能拿到无疫通行证?我希望检查一结束就能拿到。

Q: I think there should be no delay in obtaining it, if the situation of the crew’s health is satisfactory.Is there any fruit on board?

如果你船人员的健康状况是另人满意的,我想应该很快能拿到,船上有水果吗?

C: Yes, we have some oranges and bananas, Besides plenty of vegetables.

是的,我们有橘子和香蕉,另外还有大量的蔬菜。

26

Q: Please tell your crew not to take any fruit ashore, it is forbidden in his port.I should like to know whether you have found any rats onboard.Would you mind showing me your deratization certificate?

请告诉您的船员不要把水果带上岸,本港禁止这个。我想知道你船上是否有老鼠。能否给我看看你们的除鼠证书。

C: Here you are.I’m afraid this certificate ran out some days ago.

给您,恐怕这份证书已过期几天了。

Q: So it did.You’ll have to carry out fumigation.Ask your agent to arrange for it as soon as poible.

确实如此,你们必须薰舱。叫你们的代理尽快安排一下。

C: I certainly will.By the way, is it neceary to fix rat traps on the gangplank?

好的,顺便问一下,是否要在跳板上装一些捕鼠夹?

Q: Of course, and you won’t forget to have rat guards properly mounted on your moorings when your ship is alongside.The quarantine is now over.You may haul down the yellow flag.Here is the bill of health.Good-bye.

当然,而且我希望在你们靠泊时不要忘了在你们的系泊缆绳上适当安装一些防鼠档。检查现已结束,请降下黄旗,给您健康证书。再见。 C: Good-bye.Let me show you to the ladder.

再见,我送您到梯口。

LESSON 3

CUSTOMS INSPECTION

海关检查

§1. Customs Officer Asking Questions(A)

海关官员询问问题(A) (C-Customs officer

P-Purser) C: May I have the arrival report and the crew list?

能给我看看进口申报书和船员名单吗?

P: Certainly.But the crew list is not in proper form.Is it Okey?

当然可以,不过船员名单没有按格式编制,可以吗? C: That’s all right.By the way, where did you come from?

可以,顺便问一下,你船从哪里来? P: From Shanghai.

从上海来。

C: I mean what was your last port of call.Was it Shanghai?

我是想问上一个停靠港是哪里。也是上海吗?

P: Oh, I beg your pardon.The last port of call was Marseilles.

哦,对不起。上一个停靠港是马赛。

27

C: Where did you call at before Marseilles?

在马赛之前停靠何港呢?

P: We just paed through Port Said, so it was Aden.

我们刚过了塞得港,那就是亚丁港啦。

C: Where are you going after leaving here? Show me your scheduled ports of call.

离开这儿之后去哪里呢?请让我看看你们的靠港计划表。 P: We are going to call at Antwerp, Rotterdam and Hamburg.

我们将停靠安特卫普、鹿特丹和汗堡。 C: Then back to China?

然后回中国?

P: Yes, we will be croing the Atlantic ocean, paing through the Panama canal, and then heading for Shanghai.

是的,我们将横渡大西洋,通过巴拿马运河,然后驶向上海。

C: That is a long trip.When are you getting home to China, around August?

这个航次很长。什么时候能回到中国,8月份左右吧? P: Yes, that’s right.是的。

§2. Customs Officer Asking Questions(B)

海关官员询问问题(B) (O-Customs officer

C-Captain) C: What documents must I produce?

我们需要出示什么文件?

O: The captain’s declaration, the import cargo manifest, two copies of the crew list, three copies of the store list and the provisions list, the last port clearance, and two copies of the crew’s personal effects list.

船长申报单,进口舱单,两份船员名单,三份物料和食品清单,上一停靠港结关单,和两份船员私人物品清单。

C: I understand, Mr.Dickson.This file contains all the neceary documents.Would you give me the bill of entry?

好的,狄克森先生。这份文件夹包括了所有您需要的文件。我们可以拿到进口报关单了吗?

O: All right.Here it is.How many tons of cargo have you got on board? Is it all for discharge at this port? Is there any dangerous cargo on board?

好的,请拿去吧。你船装了多少吨货?都要在这个港卸吗?船上有没有危险货?

C: We have 7460 tons of cargo in all, and it is all general cargo.There is no

28

dangerous cargo on board.Only 1500 tons are to be discharged here and the remainder is for Antwerp.

总共7460吨货物,都是杂货。没有危险货。只有1500吨货要卸在本港,其余卸在安特卫普。

O: Is your cargo in full accordance will the manifest?

你们的货与舱单完全相符吗? C: Of course it is, Mr.Dickson.

当然,狄克森先生。

§3 Crew’s Personal Effects List And Store List(A)

船员私人物品清单和物料清单(A)

O: Have you gone through the customs formalities?

你们办完海关手续了吗?

C: Not yet.We are just going to do it.

还没有,我们正要办。

O: Is all the cargo to be landed at this port?

所有的货物都在本港卸吗?

C: No, about two-thirds is to be discharged here and the rest at London.

不,大约三分之二的货要卸在这儿,其余卸在伦敦。 O: Now I need to see your store list.

现在我想看看您的物料清单。 C: Here it is.

给您。

O: Where did you buy all the food?

食品从哪里买的? C: Dalian, China.

中国,大连。

O: I would like to check the food supplies later, if you don’t mind.

如果你不介意的话,我想稍后检查一下食品。 C: Certainly.I’ll help to show you where everything is.

当然可以。我会带您去看的。

O: Thanks.Are there any prohibited articles in you poeion?

谢谢。你们有违禁品吗? C: No, none at all.

没有。

O: Do you think all the crew’s personal effects have been declared?

您认为所有船员的物品都报关了吗?

C: I think so.My crew knows any article not declared will be regarded as

29

smuggled goods.

我想是的,我的船员都知道未报关的物品算走私品。

A: That’s fine.And could you please fill out this customs declaration?

那就好,您能填一下报关单吗? C: Sure.I’ll do that right now.

行。我马上就填。

§4 Crew’s Personal Effects List And Store List(B)

船员私人物品清单和物料清单(B)

O: How much wine and tobacco have you on board?

你们船上有多少烟和酒?

C: 56 cases of wine, and 800 packets of cigarettes for the crew’s consumption.

56箱酒和800包香烟供船员自己消费。

O: I’ll leave only 4 packets of cigarettes and 1 bottle of spirits for each crew.The rest must be sealed in the bonded store.When you want to unseal the store room for your daily requirements, ask the agent to call in a customs officer.

我只给每个船员留下4包香烟和1瓶酒,其余的必须封在保税仓库里。当你们要开封取日常所需时,请让代理给海关打电话。

C: I see, but I don’t think we shall need to unseal it before departure.

我明白,但我想开航前我们不用开封了。

O: No alcohol or cigarettes are allowed to be brought ashore.Photography in the port area is prohibited.No crew members are allowed to take cameras with them ashore either.Have you any firearms on board?

不允许将酒和香烟带到岸上,在港区内禁止拍照,船员不许将相机带上岸去,你轮有武器吗?

C: We have two rifiles.Here is the declaration for the firearms.

有两只来福手枪。这是武器申报单。

§5. Crew’s Personal Effects List And Store List(C)

船员私人物品清单和物料清单(C) (C-Customs officer

P-Purser) C: Give me a copy of the crew’s poeion list, please.Hmm… …,thirty bottles of whisky.That’s two many.Ten bottles will have to be sealed.Will you please get them together?

请给我一份船员携带物品清单,恩…30瓶威士忌,太多了。10瓶要封起来。请您把酒集中起来吧?

P: Will you tell me the amount of liquor and tobacco allowed in this port?

请告诉我贵港允许个人保存多少烟酒?

30

C: You’re allowed two hundred cigarettes or eight ounces of pipe tobacco a person, and one bottle of liquor for each officer and on bottle per our crew members for up to one week at anchor.Do you understand?

停泊期间每周每人可保存200支香烟和8盎司烟丝,高级船员每人可保存烈性酒1瓶,普通船员每四个人1瓶,明白了吗?

P: Yes, but can we have additional liquor and cigarettes if we are have longer than a week?

是的,如果我们停泊超过一周的话可以再增加些烟酒吗?

C: Yes, of course.Report to the customs office behind no.3 warehouse and an officer in charge will come on board.

当然可以,到3号仓库后面的海关办公室报告一下,主管的官员会到船上来的。

P: I understand.I’ll contact the office at that time.

清楚了,到时我上办公室去联系。

C: What is mean by these red circle on the crew’s poeion list?

船员个人携带物品清单上划这些红圆圈是什么意思?

P: These marks show the items that have been sealed already and these are the camera list and the owners’ certificates.Please check them and have the certificates signed.

划圈的项目表示已经封关。照相机清单和物主的证明在这儿。请检查并在证明上签字。

C: Tell them never to forget to show the carrying permits to the customs officer at the gate when going out and coming in with cameras.Let’s go to the next item.Give me two copies of the store list, please.

通知船员带照相机进出大门时不要忘记在门口向海关官员出示携带的许可证。进行下一项吧,给我两份物料清单。 P: Did you say two copies? Here you are.

您要的两份?给您。

C: Is this all of the liquor and tobacco for the ship’s use?

这些烟和酒是船上用的? P: Yes, that’s all

是的,

§6.Sealing 封关

(C-Customs officer

S-Chief steward

P-Purser) C: Now, will you show me the way to the stores to be sealed?

现在请领我去准备封关的物料间,好吗?

31

P: All right.The chief steward will show you the way.

好的,大服务员领您去。

C: Chief steward, where are the stores?

大服务员,物料间在哪儿?

S: One is that door in the corner over there, and the other is on the deck below.

一间在那个角上,那扇门就是。另一间在主甲板下面。 C: Will you tell me the items contained in this store?

请告诉我这个物料间内都有什么东西?

S: Very well, sir.There are thirteen bottles of whisky and eighteen bottles of sake in that big container.And fifteen thousand cigarettes on that shelf.

好的,先生。那个大箱子里面有13瓶威士忌和18瓶日本清酒,架子上有15000支香烟。

C: Is that all in this store? What is in that white cardboard box up there?

就这些了吗?上面那个白纸箱内装了什么? S: That is soda pop.

那是汽水。

C: We needn’t seal the soda pop.Wouldn’t it be better if you take it out?

汽水不用封关,您拿出去不是更好吗?

S: No, That’s all right.We already have enough soda pop out.

不,放在里边吧。外边的汽水已拿足了。

C: Well, then let me seal the store.Now, keep it in mind that you will be punished if you unseal it without permiion.All right?

那么我就封了,请记住如果未经许可就开封您要受处罚的,懂了吗? S: Certainly, sir.

明白了,先生。

§7. After sealing

封关之后

C: Will you get the captain’s signature on these documents?

这些文件请您叫船长签字,好吗?

P: Where on the documents shall I have him sign?

叫他签在哪里?

C: Here and here, and on this document, just anywhere.

这里和这里,这份文件随便哪里都可以。

P: I understand.Please wait a while.By the way, we’ve got some parcels to be unloaded here.Will you have a look at them?

明白了,请等一等,对啦。我们有几个托运的箱子还没拿下船,您要去看看吗?

32

C: Where are they?

箱子在哪儿?

P: They are in the paage there, and here is the parcel list.

在那边走廊上,这是托运清单。 C: You may unload all these parcels.

您可以拿下船了。

P: May I have your signature on this permit?

请您在许可证上签个字好吗?

C: Yes, certainly.Show this permit to the customs officer at the gate when you take the parcels out.

是要签字,箱子拿出门时要向海关官员出示许可证。 P: I see.May I have spare forms for use next time?

知道了,可以给几张空白表格以便下次使用吗?

C: Yes, of course.… oh, I’m sorry I have run out of them.You can get them from the agency.I will send them the forms.

当然可以,…哦,对不起,我这用完了。您可以上代理行去取,我会送给他们的。

P: That’s very kind of you.

多谢了。

C: Now, purser.I’ll come back one hour before you departure.See you again then.

好了,管事。开航前一小时我再来,再见。 P: Thank you for your kindne

谢谢。

LESSON 4.

IMMIGRATION INSPECTION

移民局检查

§1. Immigration officer Asking Questions(A)

移民局官员询问问题(A) (I-Immigration officer P-Purser) I: Is there any change in your crew?

船员有变动吗?

P: One of the crew disembarked at the last port of call.

有一名船员在上个港口离船了。 I: What was the matter with him?

他怎么了?

33

P: He was injured while at work and was sent to hospital.

他工作时受了伤了,被送到医院去了。

I: Oh, I see.I’m sorry to hear that.What was your last port of call?

哦,我知道了。听到这消息我很难过。你船上一个停靠港是哪里? P: Yokohama

横滨。

I: Where are you sailing for from here?

你轮从这儿开往何处? P: For Capulco

去卡普尔科港。 I: Any paengers?

有乘客吗?

P: No, we have no paengers.

没有, 。

I: How many crew members have you on board, and what are their nationalities?

你船上有多少船员,都是哪个国家? P: Forty two in total, and all Chinese.

共42名船员,都是中国人。

I: May I have two copies of the crew list?

能给我两份船员名单吗? P: Yes, here you are.

给您。

I: How long will you stay at this harbour?

在本港呆多长时间? P: For about two days.

大约两天。

I: Who is you agent here?

你们的代理是谁?

P: The Transmarine Navigation Corporation is our agent.

我们的代理是越洋航运公司。

§2. Immigration officer Asking Question(B)

移民局官员询问问题(B)

(I-Immigration officer

C-Captain) I: I’m from the immigration office.May I have 2 copies of the crew list and the seamen’s books?

34

我是从移民局来的。请给我两份船员名单和海员证? C: Certainly.Here you are.

可以,给您。

I: Just a moment.I’ll have to go over them.Now let me know what your last port of call was, captain?

请稍等。我要过下目。船长,你轮上一个停靠港是哪里? C: Our last port of call was Marseilles.

我轮上一个停靠港是马赛。

I: Did you take on any paengers there?

在那里上旅客了吗?

C: No, we haven’t any paengers on board.

没有,没有旅客上船。

I: Captain, you should prepare a list of persons wishing to go ashore, as I have to iue ID cards.

船长,请准备一份要上岸的人员名单,因为我要签发登陆证。

C: I’ve been advised that no foreign crew members any permitted to go ashore without presentation of ID cards, on which is a photo of the holder.

我已听说外国船员若想上岸必须出示有持证人照片的登陆证。

I: Yes, that’s right.And besides, all ship’s personnel disembarking are obliged to produce their paports with local authorities visas to the maritime police.Will you please fill out the application form for landing permits, and sign it?

是的,此外,所有上岸的船员都必须向海上警察出示有地方当局签证的护照。请您填写一下登陆证申请表并在上面签字,好吗? C: With pleasure.When can we get the shore paes?

好的,我们何时能拿到登陆证?

I: You must have their photos ready first.You know ID cards will be supplied by the agent and then stamped by the Immigration office.But your agent has got all this ready before your arrival, so ID cards will be iued to you shortly after your ship is alongside.Where can I give a check up to the crew?

您必须先把他们的照片准备好,您知道登陆证先由代理提供,然后由移民局盖章,不过你轮代理在你轮到达前就已准备好了一切,所以在你轮靠泊后不久就会签发登陆证。我在何处检查船员?

C: You can have the me room, if you like.Is it all right for them to wear shorts and come up?

如果您愿意,您可在餐厅。我们穿着短裤上来行吗?

I: That’ll do.Please.Have them come as soon as poible.How long do you intend to stay here?

35

行,请他们尽快来。你轮在这里停留多长时间?

C: It depends on the weather and the loading operations.If everything goes smoothly, I think two days will be enough.Our ship will pick up a cargo of cotton from this port and transport in to Guangzhou.What if any unexpected event prevents the cargo work and delays the sailing of our ship?

这要视天气和装货作业而定。如果一切顺利的话,两天就够了。我轮要在这里装棉花运往广州,如果有什么意外事件妨碍了装货工作,延误了我们的航行怎么办?

I: Well, if your laydays exceed 2 days, please collect all the shore paes the day after tomorrow, and then go to the immigration office to get them extended.At the present time, your crew can’t go ashore before they get the shore paes.

哦,如果装卸时间超过两天,请在后天收齐所有的登陆证,然后到移民局来把它们延期,现在,你轮船员在拿到登陆证之前不能上岸。 C: What shall I do with the paes after they have been used?

使用过的登陆证怎么办呢?

I: You must collect all the shore paes and hand them back to me before the ship’s departure.

你必须收齐登陆证并在船离港前交还给我。

C: Yes, I see.Thank you very much.Here are the seamen’s books.Please go are there any restrictions on the crew intending to go shore?

是,我明白,非常感谢。这是海员证,请按照名单核对一下。对于要上岸的船员有什么限制吗?

I: There is restriction on their landing after immigration and health formalities have been satisfactorily completed.Now let’s go to the me room, and I’ll start giving check ups to the crew.

在移民局和健康检查手续都另人满意的完成后,对他们上岸没有限制了。现在让我们去餐厅,我将开始对船员进行检查。

C: This way, please.I suppose all the hands have mustered there except for two, they are on watch now, but they will come soon after changing their watch.请这边走,我想除了两名值班人员以外,所有船员都集合好了,但值班人员在换班之后马上就会来的。

§3.Muster 集合

I: Now, we will have the muster.Will you have the whole crew muster in the saloon?

我们马上要进行个人检查,请您叫全体船员到大台集合。

36

P: Yes, sir.I’ll tell all of them to come to the saloon immediately.

好的,先生。我通知他们马上就去。

I: Show me your seamen’s books and landing permits as you enter.

进入大台后,请出示海员证和登陆证。 I: There are two members left now

还有两名船员。

P: They are on watch now.I have sent for them.Will you please wait a minute? They should be coming right away.

他们在值班,我已经派人去叫他们了,请您稍等一会儿,他们马上就来。 I: That’s all.

好的。

P: Yes, that’s all.Shall I tell the captain the muster is over?

好了,我告诉船长点名完毕? I: OK.Now, I must go

好吧。我该走了。 P: Thank you very much.非常感谢。

LESSON 5. AGENT

代理

§1. agent Comes Aboard

代理登船

(A-Agent

S-Sailor on Gangway watch) A: Good morning.早上好! S: Good morning.早上好!

A: I’m your agent.I want to see the captain.

我是代理。我想见船长。

S: I’m sorry, he isn’t on board at the moment.He’s gone ashore.

对不起,他不在船上,他下地了。 A: Can I see the chief officer, then?

我能找大副吗?

S: Certainly, sir.Please come this way.This is chief officer’s cabin.

当然可以,先生。请这边走。这是大副房间。 A: Thank you very much.

非常感谢。

A: Good morning. 早晨好!

37

S: Good morning. 早晨好!

A: I’m your agent.Is the chief officer in his cabin?

我是代理。这是大副房间吗?

S: I think he’s in the ship’s office.I’ll show you.This way please.Watch you step! The ladder’s steep.

他大概在办公室,我给您带路。从这儿走,脚下小心!梯子很陡。 A: Thank you.

谢谢。

§2.

Agent Meeting Chief Officer.

代理会见大副

(A-Agent

C-Chief officer) A: Good morning, chief officer.I’m your agent from Penovico.

早上好,大副。我是你们PENOVICO代理。 C: How do you do!

您好!

A: How do you do! Did you have a good trip?

您好!航行顺利吗?

C: Well, a rather rough trip, I should say.

哦,应该说是很辛苦的一次航行。

A: That’s too bad.But you can take a good rest here.The cargo is not ready for working today, so you’re going to start loading at 8 tomorrow morning with 4 gangs.

太不幸了,不过您在这里可以好好休息一下。货物今天还没有准备就绪,打算明天早上8点开4个工班装货。

C: Are we? But when can we finish then? We are ready to load.This is the notice of readine.

是吗?那我们何时能干完?我们已准备好装货,这是装货准备就绪通知书。

A: You should be able to sail on Wednesday evening if everything goes well.Then you will still be on schedule.

如果一切顺利的话,你们星期三晚上就可以开航了,那样你轮还是在班期之内的。

C: Have we any special cargo to load? Give me a loading cargo list.

我们有特种货要装吗?给我一份装货清单。

A: I’m afraid you have a lot of dangerous cargo.It can’t be stowed in the same compartment.It’s a headache for you, I suppose.Anyway, you can find it on this list.At the same time, we have a lot of heavy cargo.I want to have your

38

idea about their stowage.

恐怕要装很多危险货物,他们不能装在同一个舱内,我想这是件令您头痛的事,总之,货物名称都列在这张表上。同时,我们还有许多重货,我想知道您打算怎样配载。

C: I’ll look through it and let you know the stowage plan tomorrow morning.

我先看看,明天早上告诉您配载计划。 A: Thank you.Is there anything you require?

谢谢,您还有什么事要办吗?

C: Yes, could you post these letters for us?

是的,能为我们寄这些信吗? A: Certainly, sir.

当然可以,先生。

C: The SWL of our veel’s derrick is only about 5T, but the heavy-duty cargo is as heavy as about 24T.please arrange a floating crane to load the heavy-duty cargo at the proper time.

我船吊杆的安全负荷只有5吨,但重件货的重量是24吨。请在适当的时候安排一个浮吊来装重件货。

A: I’ll arrange for it according to the loading progre.

我将根据装货进度来安排浮吊。

C: We also need some dunnage boards and planks.In addition, we need some matting.The size and quantity have been written on the list.Please arrange for a chandler to come to talk with us tomorrow.

我还需要垫舱板,另外,还需要一些席子,尺码和数量已写在单子上了,请安排一个供应商明天来跟我们谈谈。

A: OK, I’ll arrange for an honest chandler to come to your veel.

好的,明天上午安排一个好的供应商上船。

§3. Agent’s

Arrangements

For

Cargo

Unloading

代理安排卸货

(A-Agent

C-Captain) A: Good morning, captain.I’m pleased to meet you.I’m your ship’s agent in this port.

早上好!船长。我很高兴见到您,我是你轮在本港的代理。

C: It is a real pleasure to have you as our agent.Yesterday afternoon, we arrived in the roadstead when there was some congestion in the port and no berth was available.We were advised to wait for our turn.So we got alongside the quay after some delay.

由您做代理我们感到非常荣幸。昨天下午我们到达锚地的时候港内有许

39

多的船,没有空泊位。要求我论等候,因此我们耽搁了一会儿才靠码头。 A: I’m extremely sorry to hear that.I have been expecting you according to your notice of ETA.Did you have a nice trip?

这真是太遗憾了,我一直在按您的预抵通知恭候你轮。航行愉快吗? C: On the whole, not so ban.You know we have been sailing from port to port for nearly six months now.have you received any mail for our crew?

总的来说不错,我们在几个港口间航行几乎已经6个月了,您有没有收到给我们船员的信件?

A: No, we haven’t yet, as the saying goes: “no news is good news”

没有,还没有收到。俗话说:“没有消息就是好消息”。

(F-Fresh water man

C-Chief officer

T-Third officer) F: Good morning, chief officer.I come from the harbour office as the request of your agent.I’m the fresh water man.

早上好!大副,我是应你船代理的要求从港务局来,我是加水工。 C: Oh, I see.Fresh water man, good morning.Supply 200 tons of fresh water into the two after peak tanks, please.By the way, what kind of gauge do you have?

哦,我知道了,早上好!加水工,请给两个尾尖舱加200吨淡水。顺便问一下,你们有何种计量器?

F: I have a flow meter between the ends of the delivery pipe and valve.Chief officer, will you please show me your hose connection?

供水管和阀门之间有一个流量表。大副先生,可以看看你们的管子接头吗?

C: Yes, the third mate will show you that connection.Look! He is coming.Contact him.

好的,三副将带您去看,瞧,他来了您跟他说吧。

F: Good morning, third mate.The chief officer would like you show me which water tank is to be filled first.Have you a flow meter?

早上好!三副。大副想让您带我去看看哪个柜先加水,你们有流量表吗? T: Yes, there is one beside a reducer, you may use if you need it.Oh, how many tons can be supplied an hour?

有,减压阀旁边有一个,您需要时可以用。哦,一小时能加多少吨水? F: About 25 tons.After the hose is connected, we’ll let the water flow immediately.Who will be in attendance on water pumping?

大约25吨。管子连接后,我们马上加水,谁来照看水泵? T: The carpenter will be in charge of this work.

木匠将负责这项工作。

40

(C-Chief officer A-Agent) C: I’m sorry to bother you, but can you tell me the working hours in port?

对不起,打扰了,能告诉我港口的工作时间吗?

A: The port works in two shifts in the daytime.There is no work at night, and 4 or 5 stevedore gangs can be arranged per shift, if neceary.Of course, it is poible to work overtime but with a double payment of the ordinary wages.

白天港口是两班倒,夜间不工作,如果需要的话,每班有4-5个装卸工班。当然,也可超时工作,但是付平时双倍的薪水。 C: How long in advance should I give the gangs orders?

应提前多长时间给工班下装卸通知?

A: They need orders 24 hours in advance.In order to speed up the rate of unloading.I intend to arrange 3 gangs per shift for you.

他们需要提前24小时通知,为了加快卸货速率,我打算每班给您安排3个工班。

C: It’s a good idea, agent.Would it be poible to start unloading today?

好主意,代理先生。今天开始卸货可以吗?

A: I’m sorry, but it’s a bit too late.We can’t expect the stevedore to agree to that.

对不起!有点迟了,我们不能指望卸货工人会同意这样做。

C: If so, I won’t insist.It really is too late.But I do require at least 3 gangs tomorrow.

如果是这样的话,我不坚持,是太晚了。但我要求明天至少3个工班。 A: Yes, sir.They’ll be at your berth punctually at 8 am.Now, captain, please let me have a set of import manifests and two copies of your stowage plan, on for me and the other I’ll pa to the stevedoring company.By the way, do you have any more crew mail to post?

好的,先生。他们会在早上8点准时到你船的泊位。现在,船长,请给我一套进口货舱单和两份配载图,一份给我,另一份我会交给装卸公司。顺便问一下,你还有船员的邮件要寄吗?

C: Not yet, but here is a sea protest, I have to note to the harbour master.will you submit it to him for me?

还没有,但我有一份海事声明要提交给港长,您能否替我转交他? A: What accident happened during the voyage?

航行中发生什么事了吗?

C: Oh, yes.We met with a violent storm on June 6th while paing through the Malacca Strait.Heavy seas swept the ship’s deck and cargo hatches so frequently that sea water could have penetrated into the holds and damaged

41

the cargo.

哦,是的,6月6日我们航行在马六甲海峡时遇到大风暴,巨浪不断地漫过甲板和货舱,海水可能已经渗进大舱并且损坏了货物。

A: If that is the case, you may rely on me for this matter, don’t you think we had better call in a surveyor on board?

如果是这样的话,您可以让我来办这件事。您不认为我们最好请个验船师上船来吗?

C: Do as you think best, agent.At present, our ship is about to effect the crew replacement, signing off 4 crew, who are to leave ship for our home port.At the same time, we’ll sign on 3 ratings who are coming here to join the ship.Will you please arrange for the repatriation first?

就按您说的办吧,代理先生。现在我船需要更换船员,4名下船,回我们的船籍港。同时,又有3名船员到这儿来上船,您能先安排一下船员遣返事宜吗?

A: Oh, I see.Will you hand me the repatriates’ paports and identification cards, please? As a general rule, it’s not difficult for them to obtain emergency visas from the immigration office, and their repatriation arrangement by sea or by air can be effected easily.As for your now shipmates, I’ll meet them at the airport or at the quay, then they’ll be taken to your berth in my car.

哦,我明白。您能把遣返人员的护照和身份证给我吗?按照惯例,他们从移民局获得紧急签证是不难的,而且用船或飞机遣返也很容易安排,至于来接班的船员,我将到机场或码头去接他们,然后用我的车送到你们的泊位来。

C: Thank you, sir.You’ve made it quite clear.Well, a good start is half done.

谢谢!先生,您已经安排的很清楚了。良好的开端是成功的一半。 A: I hope so, I’m sure your sailor will get the ship’s cargo gear ready.Discharging will start at the notified time.

希望如此,我相信你们的船员会准备好船上卸货设备的。卸货将按通知的时间开始。 §4.

Preparations For Loading The Container Ship Attended

To By Agent 代理协助集装箱船舶的装货准备工作

(C-Captain

A-Agent) C: The 2 holds will soon be left empty after cargo of containers is dropped off here at your port.We’ll have to sail in ballast on our way home if here is no cargo to be shipped to our next port.

42

集装箱货在你港卸下之后,两个舱很快就会空了,如果没有运往下一个停靠港的货,我们就将只能空载回航。

A: Oh, how could you think of the ship sailing in ballast? No one ever thought of putting a ship to sea without a full cargo.The seaway here is a lucrative trading route for all ships.What kind of cargo do you prefer to carry?

哦,你怎么说“空载回航“,没有人想过要让一艘不满载的船开航。这条航线对所有的船都是贸易热线,你们想运什么样的货?

C: Of course, container boxes.You know we don’t expect to be here long.How many boxes is your terminal able to handle per day?

当然集装箱货。您知道我们在这儿不会呆很久的。你们的集装箱码头每天能装卸多少只箱子?

A: Generally speaking, about 500 boxes a day.Now I’ve got 38 container boxes for you to pick up.I suppose this plan can solve your problem of sailing in ballast and save a lot of red tape and money on your homeward voyage.

一般来说,一天500只箱子,现在我已为您准备了38个箱子,我想这能为你们解决空载航行的麻烦,并节省回航的麻烦手续和费用。

(S-Shipper

C-Chief officer) S: All the cargo in containers is ready for shipment.According to the shipping memo, there are 38 standardised 20-ft containers to be loaded, each holding 30m³(cubic meters) of cargo, are you going to accept them all?

所有集装箱货已准备就绪,等待装舱。按照装货通知书,有32个20英尺的标准箱要装,每箱装有30立方米的货,您要全部都接收下来吗? C: No, we aren’t.our ship’s representatives have just inspected those boxes, 30 of them are all right, but two will be refused.

不,我船的代表刚检查过那些箱子。其中30箱子还好,但有2个箱子不能接收。

S: Why? So far as I know, all the stowed containers are in good condition.The cargo was stowed into the container boxes under our supervision 2 days ago.

为什么?据我所知,所有装好的箱子状况均良好,货物是两天前在我们的严密注视下装箱的。

C: But we found the 2 containers’ seals and locks had been tampered with.There are some obvious new traces of pilferage on the doors.So in the bill of lading, I have to put the remarks, quote, “ship not responsible for the shortage of and damage to the contents of the containers in question”

但我们发现有两个箱子的封铅和锁被弄坏了,在门上有明显的被盗时间不长的痕迹,因此在提货单中,我必须做批注:“船舶对该集装箱的内

43

容的短损不负责任”。

S: If so, we must first report this incident to the maritime police, and then invite the cargo surveyor to ascertain the lo of, and damage to, the contents of the two containers.

如果是这样,我们必须先把这一事件报告给海事警察,然后请商检人员来确认这两个集装箱内容的灭失和损坏。

C: I agree with your arrangements.Also.I should know the packing condition of the goods inside each box.Any shifting could cause much damage to the cargo.Would you be kind enough to produce your container packing certificate?

我同意您的安排,另外,我想知道各集装箱货物的装箱情况。任何货移都会造成货物的损坏,您能否出示您的集装箱装箱合格证?

S: OK, Here is the paper indicating the stowage measures taken to prevent the cargo from shifting inside the containers.

可以,该证书可表明我们为防止箱内货物的移动所采取的堆装措施。

(C-Captain

A-Agent) C: Some dry cargo, in containers for shipment, is over here, on no.5 quay.Perhaps, we’ll have to shift to another berth.

在5号码头那边有一些装箱待运的干货。也许,我们必须移到另一个泊位。

A: Yes, sir.Just wait and keep the engine running all the time.I’ll let you know as soon as I get the shifting order.

是的,先生。请使主机保持运转状态。我接到移泊命令就会尽快通知您。 C: Do we need to move with the aistance of tugs?

我们使用拖轮吗?

A: Shifting by tug is compulsory in the port, but there is no extra charge for it.Is your ship in all the respects ready to load?

在港内使用拖轮移泊是强制性的,但不需要额外收费。你船已在各方面准备装货了吗?

C: Yes, sir.We have had all the holds cleaned and prepared for cargo.I don’t know whether the representative of the shipper will get on board to inspect the holds before loading starts.

是的,先生。我们已把所有的货舱清洗准备好装货,我不知道托运人的代表是否会在装货开始前上船来。

A: Certainly, sir.He requested that every hold should be well dunnaged and matted.Please make sure all the dunnage materials are dry, clean and free from oil and grease.

44

当然,先生。他要求每个舱都必须铺好垫舱板和席子。请确保所有的垫舱物料干燥、干净并且没有油污。

C: I guarantee they are.By the way, have you received any radio meage from the ship’s owner about our homeward paage?

我保证,顺便问一下,您是否收到了船东发来的有关我们回航的电报? A: Yes, I have.It reads: “you are given orders to sail for Barcelona to take on some cargo there”

是的,内容是:“你必须驶往巴塞罗那加载”。

C: You’ve mentioned that our next port is Barcelona.Since we’re never been there before, I’m quite in the dark about that port, so we can do nothing without a new edition of the relative charts and the latest notice to mariners.Can you manage to obtain them for me?

您提到我们下一个停靠钢是巴塞罗那,由于我们以前从未去过,我对那个港完全不了解,若没有有关的新版海图和最新的航海通告,我们什么也干不成。您能设法为我们搞到这些资料吗?

A: Just let me see what I can do in this matter.Generally speaking, no charts or sailing directions are available at this port.If neceary, they may be obtained from Port Said, but that will take a week at least.What else can I do for you, captain?

让我看看我能做些什么。一般来说,在本港没有海图和航路指南,如果需要的话,可以从塞得港得到这些资料,但那最少要一个星期。我还能为您做些什么,船长?

C: The compa on our ship needs testing and correcting again before sailing for Barcelona.You know no ship can sail without eliminating the deviation of the compa.Besides, our sextant is also out of order, we even can’t use it to measure the altitude of the celestial bodies.Therefore I would like to get these instruments overhauled and adjusted.

我们的罗经在开往巴塞罗那前需要再次检测和校正。您知道,不校正罗经的误差,船是不能够航行的。另外,我们的六分仪也坏了,我们甚至不能用它来测量天体的高度。因此,我希望将这些仪器检修调试好。 A: I see, you’ve nothing to worry about.I can recommend to you a good expert for repairing purposes.Here is the loading list.Will you please make out the stowage plan as soon as poible?

我知道,你们不用担心。我可以介绍一位专家来负责这个修理项目。这是装货清单。您能否尽快做出配载图?

C; I’ll do my best.Don’t worry about it, sir.Now I want to know what kind of cargo you have prepared for us.

45

我会尽力的。不用担心,先生。现在我想知道,您为我们准备了何种货物。

A: General cargo, in addition to some agricultural machinery.

杂货,另外还有一些农业机械。 C: When shall we get the port clearance?

我们何时能拿到出港许可证?

A: It will be iued to you in 2 or 3 days.Captain, I’m going through all the neceary formalities for your departure.

两或三天就签发给你们,船长先生,我正在为你们办理离港所需的一切手续。

A: Good afternoon, captain.I’m glad to see you again at my office.

下午好!船长。很高兴在办公室见到您。

C: Good afternoon, sir.I’ve been sent word you wanted to see me.What’s the problem?

下午好!先生。听说您想见我。有什么事情吗?

A: It’s good you’ve come so quickly, captain.It has been decided that loading is to start at 8 am tomorrow.Are you going to give your notice of readine to load?

船长,您这么快就来了,太好啦!已经决定装货从明天早上8点开始。您已经准备好递交装货准备就绪通知书了吗? C: Yes, I’ve brought it with me.

是的,我已经带来了。

A: Thank you, sir.Please leave it with me and I’ll hand it to the shipper.By the way, what about the stowage plan? Have you prepared it?

谢谢您!先生。留给我吧,我会把它交给托运人。顺便问一下,配载图做的怎么样啦?您准备好了吗?

C: Yes, here you are, but I’d like to discu it with you if poible.

是的,给您,但有必要的话,我希望与您讨论一下。

A: With pleasure.Captain, do you want to load these 4 cargo holds simultaneously? 非常荣幸。船长,您想同时装4个舱吗?

C: Yes, but only if you can provide separate stevedore gangs for each hold the more gangs, the better.

是的,但只是在您能为每舱分别安排2个工班的情况下,工班越多越好。 A: Yes, indeed! They will work in two shifts.

46

确实如此,他们将两班倒。

C: We are short of hands.Will you aign a shore winch-man for the night shift?

我们缺人手,你们能否派一个岸上的绞车手来上夜班?

A: I suppose I can manage it, captain.Do you know that a shore crane will be hired for heavy cargo and that part of the heavy cargo for no.2 hold will be loaded at another berth?

我想可以解决,船长。您知道将租用岸吊吊货,并且要装2舱的部分重货将在另一个泊位装吗?

C: Yes, I do.I’ll have to take it into careful consideration for opening and closing the hatches at the beginning and end of the daily loading operations?

是的,我知道。我会仔细考虑这件事的,代理先生。顺便提一下,每天装货作业开始和结束时,是否是由装卸工负责开关舱?

A: The opening and closing of hatches usually depends on what the charter party says.

开关舱通常由租船合同来定。

C: I see, agent.Have you arranged for the gangway watch?

我明白,代理先生。您已安排好舷梯值班了吗?

A: The gangway watch is required by the harbour regulations.Generally, the ship’s deck hands should carry out this work..

舷梯值班是港章要求的。一般来说,船上的水手应当做这项工作。 C: It is kind of you to explain it to me.By the way, we need some fresh provisions.Will you please recommend a good ship-chandler?

谢谢您给我的解释。顺便提一下,我们需要一些新鲜食品。请给我们介绍一个好的供应商好吗?

A: I’m glad to be of service to you.He will soon come on board.

很高兴为您服务。他很快会上船来。

§5.

Ship’s

Requirements

船方要求

(A-AGENT

C-Chief officer) A: Do you have any requirements?

您有什么要求吗?

C: Yes, we need 200 tons of water.Will you arrange for the supply tomorrow? As we have no cargo work tomorrow, it’s most convenient for us.

是的,我们需要200吨水。您能安排在明天加吗?因为我们明天没有装卸,这对我们来说最方便。

A: Very good, chief.I’ll arrange for the waterman to come and see you

47

tomorrow morning.

很好,大副。我安排加水工明天早上来见您。

C: Thank you.Oh, I almost forgot.Could you get a welder sometime during our stay here? One of the rollers of no.5 steel hatch cover is about be come off.

谢谢您。哦,我差点忘了,我轮在港期间您能否派一个电焊工来?第5舱的钢制舱盖的一个滚轮快掉下来了。

A: I think I can get repairmen tomorrow morning.You’ll have to get a “Hot Work Permit”, that is a written permiion iued by the port authority for using an open flame in the port.But the repairmen will take care of the paper work..

我估计明天早上能派修理工来。但您必须取得一张“明火作用许可证”,这是由港务局签发的在港内允许使用明火的书面证明。不过,办理许可证将由修理工负责。

C: We need some fresh food.Can you recommend a chandler to us?

我需要一些新鲜食品,您能否给我们介绍一个供应商。 A: Tomorrow, I’ll ask an honest chandler to come.

明天,我将让一个诚实的供应商来。

C: How do we square accounts with the chandler?

我们如何和供应商结帐?

A: Our company will pay the bill for you and we will transfer the accounts to your company.

我们公司代为支付,再转到你们船公司。 C: Now we have to borrow $2000 from you.

现在我还得向您借2000美元。

A: I’ll give the sum of money to you after drawing it from the bank tomorrow.

明天我从银行提款后给您送来。 §6.

Be Always On The Alert While On Time Charter

时刻关注期租合同 (C-Captain

A-Agent) C: Good afternoon, agent.I was sent word you wanted to see me.What’s the problem?

下午好!代理先生。听说您要见我,有什么事情吗?

A: Good afternoon, captain.I’ve been waiting for you.I was told that on you last trip the charterers gave you an illegitimate order against the charter party.You did right to refuse to act upon it.Will you please go into the details?

下午好!船长。我一直在等您。我听说上一个航次你们的租家向您发出

48

有违反租船合同的错误指令,您拒绝执行它是正确的。能告诉我有关的细节吗?

C: As an agent, you know very well that almost every dispute involves a large sum in claims.In order to avoid poible complication, I then insisted on the charterers’ instructions being signed in written form.

作为代理,您知道几乎每一桩争执都会涉及索赔时的一大笔款项。为避免使事情复杂化,我坚持租家的命令必须以书面形式出现。

A: Oh, you were right.Under such circumstances you didn’t hesitate to request confirmation in writing of the instruction which had been given to you only orally,

哦,您是对的。在这种情况下,对于他的口头指令您毫不犹豫地要求他提供书面证明。

C: It was quite natural to do so since the charter party stipulated that the charterers must give every instruction in written form.

这是很自然的,因为租船合同规定租家必须以书面形式下达每一项指令。

A: I was told by the stevedores that the steel pipes had been loaded in disorder without the required separation.Stacks of metal were piled up in a cro-cro way.The ends of the pipes of on stack were caught between stacks, and a large number of pipes were deformed during transportation.

装卸工人告诉我说钢管装得非常乱,没有按要求隔票。金属管交叉码垛,一垛钢管的两头夹在其它垛中间,许多钢管在运输过程中变形。

C: I’m sorry to say that their allegation is entirely absurd, it was the stevedores who were liable for damage resulting from their incorrect methods of unloading metal.In regard to our loading, it was beyond reproach.The charterers’ representatives were in attendance on steel loading, and they can confirm that the cargo was stowed in compliance with the sea transportation regulations.

非常抱歉地说他们的指责是非常荒唐的。装卸工人应对他们在卸金属货时采用不正确的方法所造成的货损负责。至于我们的装货,那是无可指责的。因为在装钢材时,租家的代表也在场,他可以证明货物是按照海上运输规则堆装的。

A: According to what you just said it sounds reasonable, but can you present a spot statement of facts signed by the charterers for acknowledgement?

您所说的听起来非常合理,但您是否能提供一份由租家签字认可的现场事实记录呢?

C: Yes, of course, I’ve made it out to protect our ship-owners from the

49

charterers’ damaged cargo claims.It reads as follows: “I, captain of the M/V HAIHE, hereby confirm that M/V HAIHE under my command, has completed loading in accordance with the charterers’ instructions and to their satisfaction.The stowage has also met their requirements.As to any objections to loaded tonnage or stowage, you are kindly requested to notify me at once, So that I may make the appropriate arrangements”.

是的,当然可以。为避免我船东受到租家货损索赔,我已备了一份文件。内容如下:“我,海河轮船长,特此证明海河轮在我的指挥下,已按照租家要求,另其满意地完成装货,积载也符合他们的要求。至于在装货吨数和积载方面所持的异议,如能立即通知我们不胜感激。这样我可以做出适当的安排。”

A: I’m convinced you’ll get rid of the blame placed by the charterers.But as to the case of a claim for short delivery, I don’t quite understand you.Captain, what prevented you from putting some remarks on the mate’s receipt at the port of loading?

我确信你们不会受到租家的责备。但对于短卸的索赔,我不十分了解。船长,您为什么在装货港时不在大副收据上加批注呢?

C: Because the charterers wrongly insisted on having no remarks put on the mate’s receipt, despite my request, as I was afraid the dispute would delay our sailing departure, I had prepared a protecting letter.

尽管我要求过,可租家错误地坚持不要在大副收据上做批注。由于我担心争执会耽误我们的开航,我已准备好一份保护性信件。 A: What should the wording of such a letter be?

这样一封信是怎样措辞的呢? C: I wrote in the following manner:

“Dear Sir,

Failing to make appropriate remarks on the mate’s receipt due to objections of the charterers, I hereby do not hold myself responsible for any results that may be incurred by the above discrepancy in any circumstances.”

我是这样写的:

亲爱的先生:

由于租家的反对,未能在大副收据上加批注。现特此声明本人对于在任何情况下由于上述分歧所导致的任何后果不负责任。“

A: I suppose you did your utmost to obtain the signature of the responsible party but you failed to get it.

我想您已经尽了最大努力去取得责任方的签字,但您未能办到。

C: Yes, I should arrange for a competent surveyor to conduct a cargo condition

50

小学英语会话

简单英语会话

超短句英语会话

英语会话比赛方案

医生护士英语会话

英语会话On Christmas Day

教师英语会话主持稿

食品超市英语会话

小学英语会话教学

乔迁聚会英语会话

船员实用英语会话
《船员实用英语会话.doc》
将本文的Word文档下载到电脑,方便编辑。
推荐度:
点击下载文档
相关专题 船员英语会话 船员
点击下载本文文档